Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm genuinely racking my brains to think of a worse goalkeeping mistake I've seen than that. Ruddy can argue he was being held. If a keeper swings and misses it could well have bobbled. But to have two hands on the ball under no pressure and volleyball it behind you into the net is an entirely new one on me.  

Christie did the same thing on Tuesday, pretty much passed it to the oppo and they scored. Our defence is going to be the biggest reason we won't go up again this season. Two new full backs in the summer please, our current two should be back up at best.

McClaren's tactics tonight have been spot on. We've dominated large parts of the game and have come up against a keeper in good form and been on the end of a poor refereeing decision.

Yet again, and it's becoming incredibly boring now, it just awful, awful defending. 

Any promotion campaign requires at least a little luck. We have had none not even a tiny bit. We need to regroup and focus on the play offs and get behind the lads. Whatever happens I am proud to be a derby fan and I also fully believe if we are not ready to go up then we are much better rebuilding next year. There are no entitlements in football we are a great club and our time will come. 

I'm genuinely racking my brains to think of a worse goalkeeping mistake I've seen than that. Ruddy can argue he was being held. If a keeper swings and misses it could well have bobbled. But to have two hands on the ball under no pressure and volleyball it behind you into the net is an entirely new one on me.  

Archived