Sean Dyche

i-Ram

​Not really. When you consider the riches available to any team that has been relegated from The Premiership in the previous 3 years, anyone managing to challenge them is a huge success story, not failing miserably.

Was discussing yesterday who we think Premier League teams would be in for if we did not get promoted and most of us agreed that only Hughes and Hendrick would be on Premier League teams radars. Given this it would appear that we are challenging for promotion with an average squad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we fancy young Sean as our next Manager then, ALWAYS ASSUMING Stevie Mac goes for the Geordie Dollar in the Summer. The Sun on Sunday says he is our first choice replacement. Quite like how Dyche gets his back four well organised, and he is imo doing a great job at Burnley with hardly any spend.

​Pointless thread. We will probably go up. If we didn't, we need a manager capable of managing a club of our size. Burnley are a two bit bob of a club who are playing above their station.

Stevie Mac will sort it.

I'd prefer Warburton over Dyche, I think. 

Dyche clearly gets the best out of what he has, and always has, but his tactics and transfers are really uninspiring. 

If I was more interested in results then I would say Dyche, but I'd like a manager who is going to keep up the same game plan already in place now. 

It's hard to know what you're going to get with a new manager, it seems illogical to who will do what and why. I'd personally just try and scout out a top coach, with good connections, and give him a chance - like Paul Clement. 

Don't expect anyone to agree with me but I'm not really interested in getting to the PL by any means necessary. I'm not in a rush to watch Arsenal for £60. 

I'd rather see us live by the sort of football we have produced for most the last 18months and it take longer. 

Dyche is very good at what he does and I wouldn't argue with anyone that wanted him.  He's a motivator and an organiser. 

I just think his percentage football had a ceiling that is lower than the likes of Mac, Howe, Karanka etc offer. 

I know folks would say the main thing is results and getting up then you can change. But like I said, personally, I'm not in a rush to get up at any cost. 

Playing like we play now I want promotion asap. It's hard to play like this with the average Champ team. And it's a steeper learning curve and all that. But I wouldn't change it even if promotion was guaranteed playing another way. 

I want to watch good football by Derby. Who we're against is much less of a concern for me. Then once Im enjoying the football all I want next is a way to win trophies (yes the "tinpot" ones) and have European nights (yes I do want to go to Kiev on a Thursday night)

The only reason I want promotion asap now is because I know how PL clubs start poaching the best talent with their millions. Then it's rebuild and start again.

Swansea are the idol for me. Not Stoke. Both effective but one looked exciting and the other looked ugly. One could have gone on to bigger things and the other has done really well to go through a transition that I think most clubs have found very difficult. 

Archived