1 in 9 - still 2nd..

robglosta

That is crazy, especially considering we weren't 7 or 8 lear at the top.  If ever there was a time to go on a run, it's now. 

Could the Birmingham result be the 'fuel' (as Granty says) to cut out the mistakes, keep the focus, keep the drive and determination, maintain the energy levels and the togetherness? Or do you think it could make us more doubtful of our ability as a team? 

I'm not sure.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the key will be the next home game. The pressure is off against Norwich, as nobody could really be shocked if we lose there.

If we don't start well at home against Boro, I can see the wheels coming off. Especially PP goes quiet as it does and the pressure gets to the players.

That is crazy, especially considering we weren't 7 or 8 lear at the top.  If ever there was a time to go on a run, it's now. 

Could the Birmingham result be the 'fuel' (as Granty says) to cut out the mistakes, keep the focus, keep the drive and determination, maintain the energy levels and the togetherness? Or do you think it could make us more doubtful of our ability as a team? 

I'm not sure.

I'd like to think Stevie Mac this week could instil into the players the mentality to forget what has gone on before and focus on beating Norwich, because like others have said above the pressure is on now more than ever. A win at Norwich would give everyone a massive boost; players, staff, fans. Some of the doom and gloom may lift slightly and would hopefully therefore lift us all for the visit of Boro. This is my hope. (Well everyones i guess)

We haven't had a complete performance for some time and I don't think we have won anymore than 3 in a row this season thus far. To get promotion now we really need to find the level of performance defensively at least we have been missing and get a good run of results together.

We lose to both Norwich and Boro, our confidence will be completely destroyed and after how some of the fans have reacted recently on twitter, I can't imagine what would happen if we went 6 points of autos and our winless run turned to five.

Its now more important than ever that we just get behind them and hope we can push on.  

--On a side note, my Norwich supporting friend has told me on their forum that they know of a stream for the game. So when it gets closer ill be happy to link if it is true.

I'm not sure.

People started whinging months ago. It's not just at this boiling point where we became dcfcmenapausefans.uk.

We were crucifying players months ago. Whinging about a plan b. 

I can't tell the difference between the fans now and the fans when we were playing friendlies from January to May. Oh, there's more of them. 

Wins weren't winnier enough. Loses arent part and parcel for a club like Leeds Un- sorry, Derby County.

And the amount of times I've read "we wouldn't survive the PL"

Can't wait until we do go up. "We won't survive the Champions League"

Right now "we'll be lucky to make the play offs" 

A view from the outside is about the best place for a casual fan to get a fair reflection  of the quality Derby possess. The best teams don't always go up. You need luck and you need depth. Derby haven't fielded what most fans would call our strongest 11 yet. 

No need to panic as long as we learn the lessons.

Pick bucko and keogh; keep a settled side, and keep our best players on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Archived