Norwich City v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant 6 - Made 1 great save, and another good save just after. Poor distribution.

Shotton 4 - Not the best defensively but offered nothing offensively.

Forsyth 4 - Average but has lost his mojo going forward.

Keogh 5 - Our best defender but still didn't command.

Albentosa 3 - Poor. Late in the tackle and woeful passing.

Hanson 6 - A decent debut. Kept things simple but looked a little lost in a position alien to him.

Hughes 6 - Was the reason we started to play but not his best day.

Hendrick 4 - Not involved.

Ward 5 - Worked hard but in and out of the game.

Russell 6 - Very high work rate with little or no end product.

Ince 4 - The game passed him by.

Grant 6 - Made 1 great save, and another good save just after. Poor distribution.

Shotton 4 - Not the best defensively but offered nothing offensively.

Forsyth 4 - Average but has lost his mojo going forward.

Keogh 5 - Our best defender but still didn't command.

Albentosa 3 - Poor. Late in the tackle and woeful passing.

Hanson 6 - A decent debut. Kept things simple but looked a little lost in a position alien to him.

Hughes 6 - Was the reason we started to play but not his best day.

Hendrick 4 - Not involved.

Ward 5 - Worked hard but in and out of the game.

Russell 6 - Very high work rate with little or no end product.

Ince 4 - The game passed him by.

I've not seen much of Norwich but judging from how highly rated they are by Derby fans I'm assuming they're usually awesome? How come they're never above us? 

I'm ok with a point considering our injuries but I still expected more from the game. 

I'm not being a **** either now. I genuinely don't understand how everyone has so high expectations one minute and then go all weak at the knees when it comes to Norwich. Certainly the two times we've played them they haven't looked any better than what we're capable of. 

What's the fuss about them? Bournemouth look better. 

I thought Ince did well defensively - I think last week was on his mind, as it should have been - and he has obviously learned from it.  

I've frozen the play for their goal from various angles and it's unclear if Jerome is on or off. As the ball is played he's a yard ahead of Forsyth. It may be that Keogh on the front corner of the area is level (and so playing him on) but very hard to tell. The commentary of "clearly onside" is clearly ridiculous without showing a definitive view.

And don't get me started on not showing Johnny Russell getting kicked in the head. Considering we were the "featured match" the Football League Show's editors are clearly ******. :angry:

I've frozen the play for their goal from various angles and it's unclear if Jerome is on or off. As the ball is played he's a yard ahead of Forsyth. It may be that Keogh on the front corner of the area is level (and so playing him on) but very hard to tell. The commentary of "clearly onside" is clearly ridiculous without showing a definitive view.

And don't get me started on not showing Johnny Russell getting kicked in the head. Considering we were the "featured match" the Football League Show's editors are clearly ******. :angry:

I thought we did ok with a makeshift team,we had a lad making debut,raul who is not fit and clearly blowing out of his a*se at the end,no proper striker,hughes and hendrick offered very little and Norwich were very good at stopping any passing we might have got going with clever little fouls,a full team and we would have mullered them,worried about tues unless we get sum players back I think we have to take a chance this week and throw them out there even if their only 75% fit can't afford any defeats

Grant - 6 - two good saves, but his distribution throughout was laughable. 

Forsyth - 5 - defended well. Distribution was standardly poor. 

Keogh - 5 - was the best of the back two, but was far from great. Mistakes aplenty and dodgy passing. 

Albentosa - 4 - looked completely out  of it. Not comfortable and struggled with distributing. 

Shotton - 3 - constantly lost the ball. Constantly beaten by his man. Constantly made me want to rip my eyes out with his brainless football. 

Hanson - 5 - I appreciate it was his debut, I do, but he looked lost. He switched off far too many times and Norwich players were lining up on the edge of the box to shoot. Lost the ball far too much for a player in that position too. I wouldn't feel confident about us retaining possession well with him in the team. 

Hendrick - 5 - almost completely anonymous. When he does get the ball, he tends to do quite well, though.

Hughes - 6 - he didn't get the ball enough. Not his fault, though. He tried and failed. 

Ince - 6 - the spark in attack. Only player to register a shot for us. 

Ward - 6 - worked tirelessly. 

Russell - 6 - see Ward. 

All subs worth a six. Nothing more or less. 

As I said, worse display of the season. Even worse than Leicester away from last season. Got to be McClaren's worse game for us. 

Keogh - 5 - was the best of the back two, but was far from great. Mistakes aplenty and dodgy passing. 

Albentosa - 4 - looked completely out  of it. Not comfortable and struggled with distributing. 

Shotton - 3 - constantly lost the ball. Constantly beaten by his man. Constantly made me want to rip my eyes out with his brainless football. 

Hanson - 5 - I appreciate it was his debut, I do, but he looked lost. He switched off far too many times and Norwich players were lining up on the edge of the box to shoot. Lost the ball far too much for a player in that position too. I wouldn't feel confident about us retaining possession well with him in the team. 

Hendrick - 5 - almost completely anonymous. When he does get the ball, he tends to do quite well, though.

Hughes - 6 - he didn't get the ball enough. Not his fault, though. He tried and failed. 

Russell - 6 - see Ward. 

As I said, worse display of the season. Even worse than Leicester away from last season. Got to be McClaren's worse game for us. 

Russell - 6 - see Ward. 

Having seen it on the gopro i think it was just standard goalie/striker argie bargie and there's no escaping it was Ruddy's ruddy mess of what should have been routine. If Hendricks arm just trapped with Ruddy's for a moment, perhaps Ruddy shouldn't have been fouling our player? you know, six n half dozen, see it all the time...etc..etc..

their goal wasn't offside.

Very harsh ratings for the defence. You have to remember who we're playing against. Disruption was poor but it was obvious we were told not to play yesterday, but to get rid and work the channels. I thought we were fantastic defensively yesterday, minus one lapse of concentration. Raul was my motm, so I was surprised by your rating of a 4.

Russell - 6 - see Ward. 

Archived