DCFC Fans - The Current Situation, Known Issues & Server Move

Day

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I unfollow or mute them, I also never follow people back I don't know, I'm not in for this follow for a follow back crap. At least say hi and tell me who you are if you're on the forum I'm not a mind reader.

I've just installed the update however the iPad editor issue where you click into the editor and it redirects you back to the homepage only appears to have been fixed in portrait mode and not landscape. 

Also the double post issue was due to a buggy plugin used for the way the pages load, I was told a default setting would be included which would fix this issue and for the life of me I can't see where it's hiding, I've contacted them and awaiting a response. For now the plugin has been reinstalled so the post button appearing not to do anything will still happen for the last post of the page until I hear back.

Still crashing on ipad. Just did it on the accounts forum.

dav - you getting money back for this because it's absolute crap. No dig at you, just the service you have got is appalling.

I might be wrong, but i think it crashes on ipad when the forum is busy. I know daveo reckons its to do with the lack of ram in an ipad, but this forum can crash every 10-30 seconds at times, and several times whilst trying to post. I don't have this problem with other sites. And right now.....@4.00 am....its quiet , its not crashing. Earlier this evening it was crashing every 20 seconds ....but not now. I've got the same amount of ram now as i had earlier in the evening? I think its to do with new posts being submitted and a page refresh problem......but what do i know?

Yeah, I have the 1st Gen which is the non retina Mini which also has never crashed. I've been on match days our busiest time, again no crashes. Yet I go to eBay and I'm constantly getting problem with this page reload error, my girlfriend has the same iPad, same connection, no issues.

Explain that one, problem with eBay or my device? what is causing my device to flip out on just that one site now?

Google iPad Safari crash and you will see literally hundreds, thousands of forum posts, articles with comments full of people complaining yet followed up by just as many saying no problem on that site for them. On here it's just the same 4 or 5 people.

If the server is struggling or crashes I get a email notification, if the forum starts throwing up system errors I get a email notification, I've had none for weeks now, not one. 

If the server did crash it would effect every single user, desktop, iPad, mobile.

If the forum had a problem that was causing it to crash it would effect every single user, desktop, iPad, mobile.

When this happens my twitter and emails start going crazy. 

If it was a bug, you could replicate it by following this steps like the post button not working, that one has been nailed down to a 3rd party buggy plugin that a customer created (Not IPB's fault) and in the next update we won't need as they have added a setting in to the software.

The only one software bug now remaining for IPB to actually fix is when clicking into the editor it redirects you to the previous page sometimes when in landscape mode on the iPad. Portrait no issues.

There are other little issues for them to address which are not bugs but little annoyances with the editor which again is a 3rd party editor, removing quotes can be a pain in the ****but as it is it's working as intended. People don't like the way you paste into the site and it keeps all the formatting from Excel or the website, I have explained several times how to do this but it's like banging your head against a brick wall. 

And why would they refund me? do Apple refund iPhone users when a iOS bug effects their phone for months? No.

Updates are coming out weekly, both could be fixed by next week then that's it. I know it's frustrating if your device is crashing, believe me I'm in the same boat with eBay but there is literally nothing I can do unless it was a wide spread issue that I could go to the host and software developers and say look, I have all these people complaining of crashing, it happened here, here, here at x times. 

If you buy a tele which works but still has problems - the mute button doesn't work, or it just switches off with no warning, wouldn't you take it back and you would get a refund.

I never had problems on the old site on the Ipad, I do now. Whats changed? The provider has different software. Not a difficult one to work out.

Again, Daveo - Not having a go at you, more the service provider.

If you buy a tele which works but still has problems - the mute button doesn't work, or it just switches off with no warning, wouldn't you take it back and you would get a refund.

I never had problems on the old site on the Ipad, I do now. Whats changed? The provider has different software. Not a difficult one to work out.

Again, Daveo - Not having a go at you, more the service provider.

The analogy would be more like you can't get channel 5 but your neighbours can. Doubt you'd get a refund then.

Archived