DCFC Fans - The Current Situation, Known Issues & Server Move

Day

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey it's hard enough to post on here at the minute, but I think have had two posts deleted or gone missing tonight. I'll try again.

Anyway, after a lot of sweat and effort over 3 days, my log came to very little. I will send some to you both (JW and Boycie) but as you will see when it arrives through your letterbox, it is minuscule compare to the **** you two have posted this week.

I have said about duplicate posts and latest posts not showing, that I'm aware and a support ticket is in. What to do etc. They are looking into now, like I've also said we're not the only forum with this issue, it's not a unique problem on here.

1) Sit and wait, show replies box will popup and in a few hours it updates itself so you no longer need to do that. It affects random topics, one minute the prediction, the next Will Hughes, even this one this morning. 98% of the rest of the topics are fine.

2) If you hit submit reply, nothing happens, back out the topic because it will be posted. People keep clicking it which is why it keeps posting several times.

Frustrating but like I've also said if it's totally unusable take a break from the forum. If I come across a topic that won't load I have to follow my own advice, not like it's every topic so it's still very useable. 

Double posts hasn't bumped the stats either seeing as it's only just started since this last update, and people complaining either.

With regards to having my feet up if I left it alone, of course. Let's all sit here and never move on, stop designing new cars, new computers, tablets because they all work right? 

Technology, software all moves on, you can't just stay and be content because something works. 

I will always update DCFC Fans when they are available, this last month isn't going to change that. 

Older become not supported, servers move on, PHP, MySQL all moves on and older coded sites run slower and slower.

When all new software is released it comes with bugs, look at all the issues people had with iOS8 when it was launched and that was affecting people's phones, this is just an entertainment forum! 

Problem is you can test all you like with a small group but they are only appear in real life use which has happened this time round, they are working their arses off with hundreds of sites trying to nail down what's causing this. 

Funny thing is I go visit other sites in the bug tracker with the same issues, much bigger and busier forums than this, 2/3 million posts and the topics like this are one page, we're aware of the issues etc. etc. couple replies saying yeah I've seen it, no worries and that's it.

​Something not quite right Daveo ,sorry.On the home page for the Chris Martin thread it has recent posts list ,when you go into the thread the latest is much older.Some of the most recent are missing ,you are doing a grand job.

I'm a bit cranky in the morning especially with a hangover, feels like I've been working on these issues for ever, I seem to fix one thing then the update comes out, fixes something but breaks another. 

It will be fixed, I guarantee you that. 

They have also released Chat on the support forum, should be available to download fairly soon.

PistoldPete2

I have said about duplicate posts and latest posts not showing, that I'm aware and a support ticket is in. What to do etc. They are looking into now, like I've also said we're not the only forum with this issue, it's not a unique problem on here.

1) Sit and wait, show replies box will popup and in a few hours it updates itself so you no longer need to do that. It affects random topics, one minute the prediction, the next Will Hughes, even this one this morning. 98% of the rest of the topics are fine.

2) If you hit submit reply, nothing happens, back out the topic because it will be posted. People keep clicking it which is why it keeps posting several times.

Frustrating but like I've also said if it's totally unusable take a break from the forum. If I come across a topic that won't load I have to follow my own advice, not like it's every topic so it's still very useable. 

Double posts hasn't bumped the stats either seeing as it's only just started since this last update, and people complaining either.

With regards to having my feet up if I left it alone, of course. Let's all sit here and never move on, stop designing new cars, new computers, tablets because they all work right? 

Technology, software all moves on, you can't just stay and be content because something works. 

I will always update DCFC Fans when they are available, this last month isn't going to change that. 

Older become not supported, servers move on, PHP, MySQL all moves on and older coded sites run slower and slower.

When all new software is released it comes with bugs, look at all the issues people had with iOS8 when it was launched and that was affecting people's phones, this is just an entertainment forum! 

Problem is you can test all you like with a small group but they are only appear in real life use which has happened this time round, they are working their arses off with hundreds of sites trying to nail down what's causing this. 

Funny thing is I go visit other sites in the bug tracker with the same issues, much bigger and busier forums than this, 2/3 million posts and the topics like this are one page, we're aware of the issues etc. etc. couple replies saying yeah I've seen it, no worries and that's it.

This occasionally happens and doesn't go away after waiting for it or several refreshes. After a minute or two, it returns on a refresh. If you can't see what it is, the text box is missing.

Are my posts that bad that I'm being restricted to images only?

Untitled.png

Untitled.thumb.png.3e96d1826adbf43d4ac3a

Archived