Our Manager.

Stripperg-ram

Its very difficult to give a post match interview just minutes after the final whistle when the adrenalin is still pumping etc.

A manager needs to think before hand of what message they wish to put out.

he has made the occasional slip when quizzed quite innocently about team selection.

johnny metgod was a classic example of how not to do it.

mourinho is quite clever.

billy davies was sly and manipulative

schteve is pretty genuine altho he gets kid gooves treatment from owen bradley and pet poodle colin gibson.

by employing colin gibson to be a pretend interviewer the club have made sure that they manage the message.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record – I wasn’t being negative about our chances of going up. I actually think we will still do it this season, just idly pondering the other scenario

I also don’t believe that Mac would go to Newcastle – given his experiences with the England job and the Forest job, compared to the Derby job I think he’s clever enough to now have a more pragmatic view of what is a good job to take, in terms of a decent chairman, funds available, club set up, fans & expectation etc.

That said, the way the speed at which the Prem managerial merry-go-round spins, I’m sure there will be a better opportunity than Newcastle at some point soon

I think all that Newcastle offers is more money, and a bigger ground. 

It depends what you want from life I suppose. I am assuming (Unless he has a massive gambling problem we don't know about) SM isn't panicking when the Eon bill lands on the doormat, so just how much money does one man need?

He has a real chance of being a legend here. Not in the "He's a legend that lad" way, but a GENUINE LEGEND that is spoken about for generations, and has a stand named after him. 

He was a player here, an amazing coach during our best spell for a generation, and is now turning the fortunes of the club around, and (pray to Jebus) taking us back to the promised land. 

When you are on your death bed, you aren't internet banking to check your balance. 

That said, who knows what drives some people. 

Agreed.

Option 1: Stay at Derby. Aim at "doing a Swansea or Southampton". Become established top 10 Prem side. Maybe add a cup along the way and flirt with the Europa league. Fail: Not too much of a problem, as expectations wouldn't be that high & not really a big surprise if we were to struggle & come straight back down.

Option 2: Go to Newcastle. Expectations would be break into top 6 and then top 4 "where they belong". Anything less seen as failure, followed by sacking and reputation re-build again.

I know what I'd do.

Agreed.

Option 1: Stay at Derby. Aim at "doing a Swansea or Southampton". Become established top 10 Prem side. Maybe add a cup along the way and flirt with the Europa league. Fail: Not too much of a problem, as expectations wouldn't be that high & not really a big surprise if we were to struggle & come straight back down.

Option 2: Go to Newcastle. Expectations would be break into top 6 and then top 4 "where they belong". Anything less seen as failure, followed by sacking and reputation re-build again.

I know what I'd do.

One thing that I was confused by on Tuesday night ... and before I continue, I think it is well documented on here that I think the manager is the absolute business for our club ... was the reasoning behind withdrawing Jamie Ward on the night?

I was sat right at the front close to the flank line, and I felt he was having a storming game ...particularly for twenty minutes or so in the second half ...  the Brighton fullback wanted to go home and cry to his Mum ... just couldn't understand why he was withdrawn after a very bright hour. Did he get a knock?  

I know Ward isn't many people's favorite anymore and I'll await the 'because he is *****' replies ... but that is one of the very few times that Macca has had me scratching my head...says it all I guess.

By the way ... we're going up, and Macca and his staff are staying put.

One thing that I was confused by on Tuesday night ... and before I continue, I think it is well documented on here that I think the manager is the absolute business for our club ... was the reasoning behind withdrawing Jamie Ward on the night?

I was sat right at the front close to the flank line, and I felt he was having a storming game ...particularly for twenty minutes or so in the second half ...  the Brighton fullback wanted to go home and cry to his Mum ... just couldn't understand why he was withdrawn after a very bright hour. Did he get a knock?  

I know Ward isn't many people's favorite anymore and I'll await the 'because he is *****' replies ... but that is one of the very few times that Macca has had me scratching my head...says it all I guess.

​Regarding Ward ...   comments made on radio derby  tuesday   appeared that some of the players pointed at Ward as to fault for first goal  ...   Ramage stuck up for Ward  saying it wasnt his fault  ...  few mins later he was substituted

I think all that Newcastle offers is more money, and a bigger ground. 

It depends what you want from life I suppose. I am assuming (Unless he has a massive gambling problem we don't know about) SM isn't panicking when the Eon bill lands on the doormat, so just how much money does one man need?

He has a real chance of being a legend here. Not in the "He's a legend that lad" way, but a GENUINE LEGEND that is spoken about for generations, and has a stand named after him. 

He was a player here, an amazing coach during our best spell for a generation, and is now turning the fortunes of the club around, and (pray to Jebus) taking us back to the promised land. 

When you are on your death bed, you aren't internet banking to check your balance. 

That said, who knows what drives some people. 

Archived