Give that head a wobble, arrogance, mini rant

Day

We go into games like Fulham and Brighton, lose. After the game the initial comments are that's 3 points dropped, we should be beating teams like that. Really? arrogant much? take it you haven't watched much Championship football over the years to realise how crazy this league is, we shouldn't expect to beat any team.

Later when more trickle online the team is analysed and ripped to shreds, turns out we're actually pretty ****, the defence is **** (only 3 teams have conceded less all season), everything is **** and the season's over, we'll be lucky to make the play offs, Premiership you're having a laugh, Bob hope of us beating Norwich when we can't beat Brighton or Fulham....so you can predict the future can you? have you got this weeks lottery numbers please, could do with a few quid.

Saturday comes and the expectation levels will be high to beat Birmingham, why? we're **** remember and we couldn't even beat Brighton and Fulham, Birmingham are higher in the table than those two, nailed on defeat shouldn't it be?

What makes me laugh the most is some of those with the loudest voices after a defeat hate the Premier League, Championship is far better league to be in. A defeat is a fantastic result for us isn't it?!

Give your head a wobble jeeez, we're 2nd in the league not 20th, we're not ****, the season isn't over we have 11 games to play for 33 points on offer. Absolutely no reason at all why we won't go on another unbeaten run starting Saturday and Norwich's won't end tonight.

We're not the only club to have "dropped points" at the top and we won't be the last.

Wasn't long ago the talk was Bournemouth were going to walk the league and wouldn't drop a single point, look how that one turned out. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We go into games like Fulham and Brighton, lose. After the game the initial comments are that's 3 points dropped, we should be beating teams like that. Really? arrogant much? take it you haven't watched much Championship football over the years to realise how crazy this league is, we shouldn't expect to beat any team.

Later when more trickle online the team is analysed and ripped to shreds, turns out we're actually pretty ****, the defence is **** (only 3 teams have conceded less all season), everything is **** and the season's over, we'll be lucky to make the play offs, Premiership you're having a laugh, Bob hope of us beating Norwich when we can't beat Brighton or Fulham....so you can predict the future can you? have you got this weeks lottery numbers please, could do with a few quid.

Saturday comes and the expectation levels will be high to beat Birmingham, why? we're **** remember and we couldn't even beat Brighton and Fulham, Birmingham are higher in the table than those two, nailed on defeat shouldn't it be?

What makes me laugh the most is some of those with the loudest voices after a defeat hate the Premier League, Championship is far better league to be in. A defeat is a fantastic result for us isn't it?!

Give your head a wobble jeeez, we're 2nd in the league not 20th, we're not ****, the season isn't over we have 11 games to play for 33 points on offer. Absolutely no reason at all why we won't go on another unbeaten run starting Saturday and Norwich's won't end tonight.

We're not the only club to have "dropped points" at the top and we won't be the last.

Wasn't long ago the talk was Bournemouth were going to walk the league and wouldn't drop a single point, look how that one turned out.

The only thing I've been angry at is our misfortune in Martin and Thorne being injured. Two of the three most influential players in our squad (Hughes the other) getting injured is horribly unfortunate. But yes, I agree that people's reactions are crazy. I skim most posts when we lose and just read the posters who have a balanced view like Ambitious.

What also makes me laugh is after a home game the forum is filled with posts like.....

Did you go to the game?

Can't talk about games you've only listened to on the radio, you need to have been there

Oh so you watched on TV/stream? you still didn't see the full game so your opinion is invalid

How many went to Brighton last night, around 1000 wasn't it?...well I'm going to sit here and only read posts prefixed with "I went last night and..." because all these knee jerk we're **** posts are invalid right?

Excellent posts Daveo. Was going to start a thread this morning with something very similar. WE HAVE NO DIVINE RIGHT TO PROMOTION.

At this time the club, the team the players are busting a gut to try their best to get automatic promotion. Having tried their best they, on this occasion, in this game, failed. So what. When they lose they will be their own worst critics. If any of us try our best at something the last thing you want or deserve is a tirade of how useless you are.

Tell, you this. If the view of the gobby minority on forums, radio, in fact social media in general gets through to the players we will never get up. We used to have supporters and fanatics.............we now seem to have critics and misguided know-alls.

I would be more concerned if people on here WEREN'T pissed off after losing to Fulham and Brighton. 

Fulham was the most toothless performance I have seen from a Derby side since SM joined, and Brighton was lost by two defensive cock ups. 

When fans travel across the Country, spending money they don't really have to support their team, YEAR AFTER YEAR, they expect AT LEAST the same level of dedication and commitment from the 11 players on the pitch. 

I am not anti Premier League. I want us there as much as anyone on this forum, but watching Derby clutch defeat from the jaws of victory once again, is too much to handle, and the frustration is vented. At least it is vented here and not on Keoghs wifes twitter, or by collaring Bucko as he comes out of Morrisons. 

We are throwing away the best chance this club has had at Automatic promotion for years. It is being done by injuries, but also by the frailties that were GLARINGLY obvious even during our run of clean sheets. 

Closing the gate after the horse has bolted springs to mind. 

This has been coming for some time, and I think those that could see it are well within their rights to vent their frustration. 

Frustrated, pissed off, nothing wrong with at all. It's the pure arrogance of some that think games like Fulham and Brighton are games that should be walk overs and predicting what's going to happen 2 games down the line based on the last 2. I've even seen a post that goes into who we would and wouldn't beat in the play offs, 11 games to play before then! 'kin ell, mystic meg or what, could have warned us pre Fulham and Brighton what would have happened, least then we would have been prepared and these expectations wouldn't have been so high.

I said it a few weeks back that the games against clubs at the bottom will be no easy ride as some were expecting, Fulham and Brighton are fighting for survival, these are not clubs that are playing for mid table, the prize on offer is just as important as promotion is for us. Fulham and Brighton can't afford to be in League 1, that would cripple them!

Be frustrated with the players, the performance fine, be fair tho at the same time, we scored 0 goals in 2 games yet Keogh is taking the stick again and leave out the arrogance, we're starting to sound like Forest fans under Billy D. 

Obviously there's worries, but it makes no sense to take them into the stadium. The next 11 games are massive, and we as supporters can make a difference.

I'm not talking about 'stand and sing all game' nonsense but just, y'know, SUPPORT the team. If you think so and so is rubbish or whatever then moan about it in the pub after the game. Or on here. But Christ alive WE can make a massive difference in the next 11 games with our attitude and approach.

Negative atmosphere will translate to the players, and bad performances will follow. Whatever your gripes against the team, certain players, hell football and footballers in general put them aside for 90 odd minutes for the next 11 games.

11 games to play, 1 point off top. Together we can do this.

Obviously there's worries, but it makes no sense to take them into the stadium. The next 11 games are massive, and we as supporters can make a difference.

I'm not talking about 'stand and sing all game' nonsense but just, y'know, SUPPORT the team. If you think so and so is rubbish or whatever then moan about it in the pub after the game. Or on here. But Christ alive WE can make a massive difference in the next 11 games with our attitude and approach.

Negative atmosphere will translate to the players, and bad performances will follow. Whatever your gripes against the team, certain players, hell football and footballers in general put them aside for 90 odd minutes for the next 11 games.

11 games to play, 1 point off top. Together we can do this.

But surely.....we SHOULD be beating teams like Fulham and Brighton if we want to go up..??

The management team will have 100% identified those two games with the potential for us to pick up 6 points.

I obivously can't comment on the Brighton game because all I did was listen to it on the Radio and we all know that there is no chance you can have an accurate picture of how a game has gone by listening to two people who are there talk about it, but I did go to Fulham, and they were rubbish, for 90 minutes, toothless and so open all over the field, which is a worry, because Fulham were the fifth worst team in the league, and we SHOULD be beating them, that isn't being arrogant, that is just the truth, fi you want to go up, you have to beat teams like that.

But surely.....we SHOULD be beating teams like Fulham and Brighton if we want to go up..??

The management team will have 100% identified those two games with the potential for us to pick up 6 points.

I obivously can't comment on the Brighton game because all I did was listen to it on the Radio and we all know that there is no chance you can have an accurate picture of how a game has gone by listening to two people who are there talk about it, but I did go to Fulham, and they were rubbish, for 90 minutes, toothless and so open all over the field, which is a worry, because Fulham were the fifth worst team in the league, and we SHOULD be beating them, that isn't being arrogant, that is just the truth, fi you want to go up, you have to beat teams like that.

I don't think it's arrogance to believe we should be beating sides 15-20 places lower than us in the league because they're 15-20 places lower than us for a reason.  They are an inferior team to ours.  I never think we have a devine right to turn up to any game, especially away, and expect us to win without the opposition putting up a fight.  But on paper, you'd expect a team gunning for promotion to be getting at least a professional two points from those games.

We just don't seem to be clicking at the moment and that's annoying a lot of people because with results going our way on Saturday we really could've put the foot down.  Instead poor performances have got everyone nipping at our heels again.  I guess this is why we all love the game, despite the frustrations.  I remember we had a pretty average couple of months around this time when we went up with Jim Smith.  I just don't think top spot suits us...

​That's the point though isn't it? If you don't beat Fulham/Brighton/Rotherham you don't go up. In theory we now need to beat Norwich/Boro/Wolves to counteract those results. 

I will be crossing everything humanly possible, but can't see it happening. 

Two bad days at the office, ive missed both games and didn't get to listen to them but from what ive read of last night didn't we miss a hatful of chances? I understand peoples frustrations but we are still only 1 point off the top! People saying we are out of the automatic race are being completely stupid. Boro have just lost to leeds and sheffield wednesday. Yet low and behold they are now back at the top so why when Derby lose back to back games does it mean we are suddenly so far behind?

Bournemouth again lost to brentford and forest, drew with huddersfield. Norwich are the only in form team and if it continues yes they will go up but that leaves another automatic promotion place. If we buck our ideas up mainly defensively there is no reason why we still cant finish about Boro and Bournemouth. We face boro, brentford, watford all at home. At home we have bar a couple of shock results been very good. So lets just wait and see. I am sure McClaren will turn this blip around.

Two bad days at the office, ive missed both games and didn't get to listen to them but from what ive read of last night didn't we miss a hatful of chances? I understand peoples frustrations but we are still only 1 point off the top! People saying we are out of the automatic race are being completely stupid. Boro have just lost to leeds and sheffield wednesday. Yet low and behold they are now back at the top so why when Derby lose back to back games does it mean we are suddenly so far behind?

Bournemouth again lost to brentford and forest, drew with huddersfield. Norwich are the only in form team and if it continues yes they will go up but that leaves another automatic promotion place. If we buck our ideas up mainly defensively there is no reason why we still cant finish about Boro and Bournemouth. We face boro, brentford, watford all at home. At home we have bar a couple of shock results been very good. So lets just wait and see. I am sure McClaren will turn this blip around.

Archived