What needs to be done?

YorkshireRam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was flat after Saturday as i felt we had missed a real opportunity to bag automatic promotion. After tonight and the results of those around us i feel a sense of inner peace. This is because i know we have blown it big time and there is too much that needs to turn in our favour.

We have a gk who is flapping, no leadership in defence, omar a liability, no george, no chrissy m, no bent, christie is shot of any confidence, lingard hit and miss. If Macca pulls it off he's a genius..........

We need a lift. We need a commanding display from somebody on Saturday, someone to get the fans going, get that belief flowing through us. We are still in contention, 11 games to go, plenty to play for.

Get an early goal on Saturday and all will be right. For some reason I have this mental image of Albentosa snapping Bamford during the Middlesbrough game, rallying the troops.

I think we need to:

scapegoat players:

Mascarell, Keogh, Dawkins and boo them constantly until they improve or give up football.

Play half fit players til injury recurs:

Martin, Thorne, Bent, Eustace, Russell, Ward

Be at peace with allbentoisa never pulling on a derby shirt in anger

Never rest Will Hughes until he moves to the injured/half fit category

work on our scapegoating of:

Grant, Ince, Lingard, anyone else not boo-d enough already, by booing them, lots.

start calling for:

Bennett, Calero, Santos, Barker, Thomas to start.

look forward to being in this division next year.

Folk definitely need to calm down firstly.

However. Keogh just isn't good enough in my opinion, sometimes looks good when throwing his body at incoming shots, and bringing out of defence with speed. Remember, we sold Shackell and brought Keogh in for pretty much the exact money we made from the deal, and he's never been a better defender than Shackell. Also, Buxton is a top lad, and a decent defender but we are a team trying to get in to the Premier League and again to be honest I just don't think he cuts it to be in the caliber of side we want to have.

We are without doubt the best team in the league going forward. Will Hughes is arguably the best player in the league and HAS to play every minute he possibly can. The imbalance between the quality of our attack and the frailties of our defence may ultimately cost us getting promoted from this league when really, with the squad and attacking prowess we have we should win it.

I think we need to:

scapegoat players:

Mascarell, Keogh, Dawkins and boo them constantly until they improve or give up football.

Play half fit players til injury recurs:

Martin, Thorne, Bent, Eustace, Russell, Ward

Be at peace with allbentoisa never pulling on a derby shirt in anger

Never rest Will Hughes until he moves to the injured/half fit category

work on our scapegoating of:

Grant, Ince, Lingard, anyone else not boo-d enough already, by booing them, lots.

start calling for:

Bennett, Calero, Santos, Barker, Thomas to start.

look forward to being in this division next year.

If CM & DB are both unavailable for any longer than 2 weeks then IMO we have got to take appropriate action and bring in an emergency loan signing in that position. 

Its been said plenty of times before on here, we NEED to have a commanding presence infront of our back 4. Hopefully GT is going to be fit for selection but if not it has to be time to give Warnock an opportunity in DM role otherwise what's the point in signing him. 

When attackers look at our central defense before playing us, they must think their birthdays are about to arrive.

'If I go there, they will both follow, so you go in the middle on your own and I will pass to you for an easy slot in'

Eustace and Martin are the most missed. Retain possession then give it to Will Hughes is the best defence we've got. Steve likes to play a bit more direct but that will always put pressure on the back line.

Its in Steve's grasp to smash this league and win automatic promotion, i hope he has the courage to play to our strengths and not go for physicality over guile. 

This Derby team doesn't need pace, it needs patience.

I said a while back we should have got a short term loan for CDM, if we had done maybe we could have extended it rather than end up with 5 wingers for 2 positions which seems an extravagance, also a similar style reserve to play in place of Martin for any short periods required.

I wouldn't have left Hughes out tonight which seemed a bizarre decision given we were already massively weakened yet Mascarell plays yet again when its proven umpteen times we generally don't get results away from home with him in that role.

Part of that is obviously also that the defenders aren't the greatest in the world so need more protection, wouldn't say any of the central defenders are much better than average for this league.

Archived