If we finished the season in the playoffs would that be seen as a failure

notts_ram

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ridiculous thing is how harsh we are on our own results.

Middlesbrough have fudged chances, Bournemouth have,Ipswich...

Too many people talk in extremes, disappointed we aren't already league champions, like still be top with 12 games to go is somehow a bad position to be in. With how tight it has been all season, this will go to last few games, instead of panicking about it, why don't we enjoy being in the race.

Play offs would not be a failure. How many teams in this league have two good seasons back to back?

I,as I am sure others also,would be dissapointed if finish in playoffs,but as long as we got promotion still,not a failure imo.

12 matches left and we are in very good shape.Very tight at the top,and making top two will not be easy,but I think we can achieve that no question.

After Fulham yesterday and several other times this season,the panic mode on here has been absolutely ridicoulous.I shudder to think what the forum will be like if we lose Tuesday.

As @BondJovi said,let us just enjoy the last part of the season and what will be will be.

I have remained confident and kept the faith all season.

I wish some eternal pessimists on here would do the same.

I wouldn't class playoffs as a failure, but I feel less confident of winning them than I was last season. Towards the end of last season we played like we were invincible. Right now, not so sure we know what our identity is.

I,as I am sure others also,would be dissapointed if finish in playoffs,but as long as we got promotion still,not a failure imo.

12 matches left and we are in very good shape.Very tight at the top,and making top two will not be easy,but I think we can achieve that no question.

After Fulham yesterday and several other times this season,the panic mode on here has been absolutely ridicoulous.I shudder to think what the forum will be like if we lose Tuesday.

As @BondJovi said,let us just enjoy the last part of the season and what will be will be.

I have remained confident and kept the faith all season.

I wish some eternal pessimists on here would do the same.

​Haha, I think you may be wumming me here so I'll clarify: I don't think it will be THAT bad - but I'd worry McClaren MIGHT be tempted to the PL, and enough players might want to move on (e.g. Hughes). We'd lose enough of the spark that might set us back a step.

I wouldn't class playoffs as a failure, but I feel less confident of winning them than I was last season. Towards the end of last season we played like we were invincible. Right now, not so sure we know what our identity is.

Think our board have backed us last year and this and we can't ask for more than that as fans. They have seen McClaren and the team give us that belief that we can do it, think we all lacked it before. Last year was too soon for us, this year is in my opinion our biggest chance, there is clearly, us included, no stand out teams who will romp away with it. There is always next year but there comes a point where promotion needs to be achieved before interest or money wanes. I am still confident we will do it this year. 3 points at Brighton to recover from a nightmare at Fulham is needed.

Archived