If we finished the season in the playoffs would that be seen as a failure

notts_ram

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promotion= success

Staying down= failure.

Simple as that.

If we finished 6th on goal difference, i'd be disappointed but if we went on to win the playoffs then I would not care one bit. But I wouldn't fancy us in the playoffs I'm afraid. I think there are more experienced and more big game players in the other clubs and we're big game bottlers. So has to be autos imo

I think as fans we recognise the talent and the potential in the club, from the owners to the youth sides. It feels to me that we have to go up or there's a big risk of a break up across lots of areas. I also feel that we still have a really young side and it's a heavy burden. It wouldn't be a failure, just a disappointment bearing in mind the potential.

I'm not sure if I've ever been this nervous as a Ram...

Yes, it would be a failure.

We handed out big contracts in the summer to keep our best players. We worked hard to bring in Thorne for the biggest transfer fee we've spent in years. We have invested sizable loan fees in January. Whilst this still pales in comparison to what some other championship teams can spend, it's a big investment for us.

There's also the fact that we're top now. Last season we had a good team, but we were always playing catch up. It would be careless to throw promotion away after being in the box seat at the beginning of March.

Lastly, it doesn't look like the division is that strong this year. Middlesbrough can't score and their manager is obsessed with dropping his best players. Bournemouth seem to be as fragile as we are if the opposition stop their plan A. Norwich wasted half their season by persisting with Adams. Just look where Ipswich are in the league and they're the definition of mid table championship cloggers.

Yes, it would be a failure.

We handed out big contracts in the summer to keep our best players. We worked hard to bring in Thorne for the biggest transfer fee we've spent in years. We have invested sizable loan fees in January. Whilst this still pales in comparison to what some other championship teams can spend, it's a big investment for us.

There's also the fact that we're top now. Last season we had a good team, but we were always playing catch up. It would be careless to throw promotion away after being in the box seat at the beginning of March.

Lastly, it doesn't look like the division is that strong this year. Middlesbrough can't score and their manager is obsessed with dropping his best players. Bournemouth seem to be as fragile as we are if the opposition stop their plan A. Norwich wasted half their season by persisting with Adams. Just look where Ipswich are in the league and they're the definition of mid table championship cloggers.

Archived