Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County

Rev

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course he's lamenting the defence, but too late now isn't it. Sounds like we totally dominated them and we lose 0-2 ? I never bought into this clean sheet argument. Reality is considering how much time we spend attacking, we give up a high percentage of opposition goals over the number of their dangerous attacks. I bet if someone did a study on that, we'd be one of the worst ratios in english football. Per opponent attack we are pretty leaky, whereas other teams soak up a TON of our pressure. ALBENTOSA please, even Warnock at this point. You've got one La Liga star defender, and the Leeds captain. Need to work them in.

I've been through this before - that's far from true. 

It took me ages, but the long and short was that our defence is one of the most active in the division. I think it was fifth or sixth most active, I can't remember, just behind Forest anyway. ​

Some people on here ridicule the Gumps forums for being suicidal after their horrendous run but we're just as bad or even worse. For pity's sake we've just had one awful performance and two really disappointing defeats - some on here need to get a hold of themselves, what the he'llwould we be like with 3 wins in 19 matches?

PistoldPete2

I don't really know what went wrong tonight but back to back 2-0 defeats against struggling teams says something is very very wrong at both ends of the pitch . At Fulham there were problems in midfield tho that might have been just cos Fulham were very strong there. No good just blaming the defence, we should be scoring goals against the likes of Fulham and Brighton. Russell isn't fully fit, we lack creative spark without hughes or martin and we haven't got a fit goalscorer in the squad. mascarell has been pretty much a disaster in most away games and I certainly wouldn't play him against Norwich. I guess albentosa may be an answer hard to say only saw him briefly against Chesterfield he looked solid enough but is he fit?

Before the game I was disappointed to see Ward come in and the midfield combo of Bryson and Hendrick. But they were not the problem. The game would have been won with a proper striker you would think. You wouldn't mind so much if we made the opposition work hard for their goals, but we didn't. I just don't think our defence is up to the job, not ability wise, but mentally and I feel the pressure has got to them lately. Going 1-0 down we could have got back into it, but 2-0 finished it.

Raul must be wondering what the heck he is doing here when he sees that shoddy defending. Stick him in, otherwise I begin to wonder why we bothered.

We can still win the league, but we have to sort ourselves out quickly. The return of Martin and then Bent will be a massive lift, and Thorne of course(again).

I'll wait until i've watched it but judging by the reports we could easily have won this.

no need for wet pants.

yes its disappointing but i'm thinking of dave mackay and the way he marshalled the troops.

when the going gets tough etc. etc .

It wouldn't be the Derby County I have known and loved for 45+ years if we had a plain ride. We have always taken the roller coaster route. We make things hard for ourselves when our best players pick up injuries. These usually come in a flood at a "critical" point in every season and result in us dropping back.

it's best to take this opportunity to reflect on the need to finish in the top six with enough fuel left in the tank to complete the job.

looking at the stats for tonight we had many times as many scoring opportunities as Brighton and failed to put them away. Martin or Bent would probably have had a field day. That's football. That's life.

get knocked down, bounce back time and time again.

even Cloughie or Mackay would have struggled if MacFarland, Hector and O'Hare were all out injured at the same time.

keep the faith.

Archived