Fulham v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily the only consistent thing about this league is the inconsistency..every week you can look at the fixtures and think the top teams are certs and then half of them get beat..we were terrible today, defence was woeful, midfield completely outplayed and the attacking threat non existent. Our defence is just shocking so when we get put under a bit of pressure they always look like conceding. Hopefully we will get back to playing well - I still think we are well short of where we were toward the back end of last season but that might be because we had nothing to play for (guaranteed play-offs no chance of auto) whereas this year we are red hot favourites to go up...its got to be about character for the rest of the season - today we showed none.

On another note - Florest wont get near the play-offs - this is textbook Dougie when he goes to a new club..

What was disappointing about Omar today was that nearly every forward pass he did went straight to them and sometimes it seemed hard to know what he was trying to do, apart from that turning his back on their player in the lead up to the first goal is unforgiveable to me at least. Plus he had already given the ball away to almost give them a goal a la Rotherham just before that too and lost nearly every 50-50 challenge he went in for, just not strong enough for the job.

I have no idea why Christie has been brought back into the team as we kept clean sheets with Shotton at right back and then he steps back down for no reason while Christie has continued in the same average to poor form that caused him to lose his place initially.

Today it all looked so off the pace, neither our midfielders or wingers got any kind of service to Bent as we basically got outfought and hardly mustered a shot on goal while looking vulnerable to any kind of attack.

Also felt our central defenders looked very clumsy and easily turned by their forwards, couldn't see them coping in the Premiership on that showing. Keogh I know has his critics but thought he struggled a lot today, Shotton for his physique doesnt seem to always use his body weight in the challenge and is a bit too gentlemanly, hence why he might seem a better bet at full back.

Anyway I will try to erase today from my memory but would take a point at Brighton currently given the personnel we have available, ironic given that everyone was boasting about the squad a few hours ago.

Suppose as someone will no doubt tell me we are top of the league but this was a chance to rubber stamp it and it never looked like happening.

cant believe we dont win every game! we should win every game by a country mile from now on. not really, shiiiit performance today, Christie drops out of the squad today for me, too little, too often, and we really need either Martin back or thorne back because without both, there is literally no spine whatsoever. Keogh needs a rest for me too, i know he's captain and that but i think he looks tired and his head goes under pressure as it is. i like him as a last ditch kind of defender, i like him as a passionate "throw your body at everything" kind of player, but we need a cool head, and a cool captain at the minute, and he looks tired, i'm not slagging him before anybody wets themselves about it. if thorne is fit for the next game, there is your captain, with Albentosa if he's fit and buxton, and shotton rb, christie can go back to wigan or wherev...

Checked the stats and Fulham had the most blocks of all Championship teams today.

I felt that was more our doing than theirs. Going forward we were so poor and predictable, Get it wide, slow it down, allow Fulham to get bodies back and pump in a hopeful cross.

It was a performance to forget. A woeful day all round.

But we'll bounce back against Brighton. Simialr to last time, we beat Brighton after two losses on the spin.

Obviously we were poor but the only persistent problem for me is Cyrus Christie and Darren Bent

You could point to anyone today to be dropped but if half the people on this thread step away from the razor blades then they'll recognise a good team that, DOM DOM DOMMM!, loses on occasion

Christie hasn't played anything better than average for a long time. He was heavily involved in being useless in defeats to Boro and Leeds. In fact, does anyone know the last time he was better than alright? Because he's been abysmal more times than he's been brilliant.

Now Darren Bent. A fine poacher and there's certainly a place for a man of his talent. But pretty incredible work has to be done to get him doing anything of use. Even in games we've won without Martin we've missed THAT pass. We miss the in and out style, the anchor. 

When everything goes wide you get occasional sloppiness from Forsyth and Christie isn't happy unless he's mucked about for 20mins.

Other than those ongoing issues it's just a 2-0 defeat away. 

Stop behaving like spoilt kids. Inconsistent? Not really.  We lose occasionally. Was you expecting anything else?

Archived