Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

On 11/10/2022 at 22:40, 86 Hair Islands said:

Marshall vs Shields this weekend. Not gonna lie, looking forward to this a lot. Biggest fight in women's boxing for me right now and it should be a decent contest. There's real animosity between these two and I'd expect it to get pretty lively inside the O2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63208126

I want Marshall to giver Shields a thrashing. I like Marshall and Peter Fury. Shields is annoying and I think Marshall will dominate the fight. I've only seen both a couple of times and I know Shields is good. I just think Marshall has the style to dominate.

Derby lad Parker v Ryder then. Tough tough fight that. Would be a mahoosive win

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I want Marshall to giver Shields a thrashing. I like Marshall and Peter Fury. Shields is annoying and I think Marshall will dominate the fight. I've only seen both a couple of times and I know Shields is good. I just think Marshall has the style to dominate.

Derby lad Parker v Ryder then. Tough tough fight that. Would be a mahoosive win

Yeah, deffo, someone needs to shut Shields up ?Top fighter and her record speaks for itself, but that just makes her incessant prattling even more grating. One thing's for sure, when Savannah plants her feet and connects, Shields will feel it. Marshall can bang. 

As for Zach, I'm not sure what to make of him really, but I'd imagine there'll be some long faces if he's not good enough to trouble Ryder. 

So tonight it's Marshall v Shields, Wilder v Helenius at God knows what time along with Haney v Kambosos?

Wish I weren't working tomorrow. 

Hoping for Marshall, Wilder and Kambosos wins. 

Edited by Alpha

Been watching the Sky card and women's boxing has come on leaps and bounds. 

One observation, there's a lot less appreciation between boxers after the fights than I'm accustomed to. Very little eye contact and a quick tap on each others shoulders. 

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Disappointing judging in the Mayer v Baumgardner fight sadly. Mayer won that by at least 2 rounds, probably 4.

Appalling decision. I had Mayer 3 rounds clear and I wasn't being generous. Need to get a rematch in the diary ASAP.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

Sheilds' hand speed troubling Savannah. Immense fight so far. Savannah edging back into it but still a couple of rou7nds down for me. It's an absolute war and a credit to the fight game whatever the result. It's official. These ladies can fight and some!

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

She came across better in the post-fight interview in fairness.

She did. It's always good to see fighters set aside differences after the fight. They are two fighters at the absolute top of their game and to see the mutual respect was heartening. She fors need to drop the throat-slitting nonsense before the fight though. Nobody wants to see that and her ability speaks far louder.

Urgh, Haney and Shields with the win. I really thought Marshall would control that fight better. 

Er.... Wilder. Lasted like 90 seconds or something I think. Not even a shot he lined up just a straight right counter on the back foot. 

I don't know where he generates his power from. Genuinely stands a chance Vs anyone. 

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Complete waste of time. I hope nobody pays to watch this fight. Fury is almost certainly the best HW, but his resume continues to be pretty terrible. 

Yeah I'll stream it and this time not even care if it buffers. Not supporting Frank to put this kind of crap on 

Joyce said he can be ready for 17th if AJ is looking to fight then. So IFL said to Warren why not take Joyce on 17th as he's already signed to Warren and AJ won't be out on 17th.

Warren says Fury needs to get out, have Xmas break and be in camp for late Feb/early March for an Usyk fight

So.... He can't delay his fight by a couple of weeks because it will have a knock on effect to a fight that hasn't even been discussed?

Are they implying Usyk knows the exact date he wants to fight and he wouldn't possibly move it by a couple of week to suit Fury??

I somehow can't imagine Usyk saying no to an undisputed fight because Fury won't be ready by the date he's not even planned yet. 

Utter nonsense boxing promoters

Edited by Alpha