Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

4 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Fury - Usyk a done deal apparently. I'll wait until I see them both in a ring before believing it'll happen, but FWIW:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/66962430

Agreed. Ill believe it when I see them both in the same venue on the same night with gloves on.

Is Fury still fighting Ngannou? 

Canelo Alvarez vs Jermell Charlo anyone? Wasn't sure which Canelo would turn up to be honest, but it was pretty routine stuff and to my eye, he looked better than of late. Whether it warranted a truncated night's sleep is debatable though.

Looking forwards, Canelo's team have asked for the proposed rematch to be for the same purse as the last one. I mean, why not just say, no? For the best anyway, as Bivol would just beat him up even worse were they to meet again.

19 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Canelo Alvarez vs Jermell Charlo anyone? Wasn't sure which Canelo would turn up to be honest, but it was pretty routine stuff and to my eye, he looked better than of late. Whether it warranted a truncated night's sleep is debatable though.

Looking forwards, Canelo's team have asked for the proposed rematch to be for the same purse as the last one. I mean, why not just say, no? For the best anyway, as Bivol would just beat him up even worse were they to meet again.

Fair play for staying up for that one. I didn't have it in me. I always figured Charlo a brown envelope champion. Barely fights and seems happy to coast along in Super Welter. Seems pretty protected. 

A part of me thought what if he actually is as good and as avoided they say. I didn't gamble my night's sleep though. After Sandy Ryan got robbed I thought fook boxing bs. Even if Charlo puts on a masterclass they'll give it Canelo. 

Canelo's punch resistance will let him down one day and if it's not against Bivol then you can guarantee he'll bring the day closer. Canelo should leave it. He tried, it's too big, stick around his own weight, get paid, sail off. He's already a legend while active. His name will live on a hundred years. He's just not a light heavy! 

On 30/09/2023 at 00:22, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Agreed. Ill believe it when I see them both in the same venue on the same night with gloves on.

Is Fury still fighting Ngannou? 

Just imagine if Ngannou tags him - for Usyk it'll be like Holyfield sitting in the audience of the Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas fight and seeing all his dreams drift off into the night. It won't, even if he has a bangers chance, and - joking aside - even if he did I doubt it would affect this if it is signed - just too big to derail.

On 08/10/2023 at 16:55, Alpha said:

Watching Josh Warrington get knocked out is so enjoyable. Dirty, horrible Leeds gobshite getting leveled is lolz

Yeh he really lacks class and  has no humility.  Was on the radio yesterday whining it shouldn't have been stopped.

The kids want to watch KSI tonight. 10 fights on the undercard (I use that term loosely).

Have gone from the Jake Paul fight where I was hoping Fury would win and uphold the reputation of professional boxing, to hoping his annoying face gets filled in. KSI seems a nicer bloke and my missus doesn't constantly say how good looking he is.

36 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Anyone watching this on ppv? I'm listening on Talksport. Not really bothered who wins but it's interesting entertainment. 

I was given the choice of watching this or shaving my scrotum with a rusty bic.

The nurse has just called me in for my stitches and tetanus. So I'll have to leave it there.

8 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Anyone watching this on ppv? I'm listening on Talksport. Not really bothered who wins but it's interesting entertainment. 

I watched it with the kids. As I said Deen The Great fight was all out attack on both sides, great watch. 

After that it went horribly downhill and will cement people's position. Logan Paul just bullied his opponent who acted like a baby and barely threw a punch before trying a wrestling move and swinging a punch at someone who jumped in the ring to pull them apart. Then Jake Paul and about 40 other people jumped in too and there was handbags all-round.

KSI caught Fury straight off, and Fury had a point deducted for rabbit punching the back of his head. From then on KSI took up a weird preying matis type stanch and backed off and clenched when on the back foot and dived in and ducked really low to throw punches when he attacked. 

Scrappy AF. 

Think Fury was slightly better but was a hug fest and with the point deduction Fury can count himself lucky.

Boxing can learn a lot.. but the headline fighting was pretty terrible.