Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Is the monumental comeback story not enough? As a very casual boxing fan, I remember that more than who's won which belts.

Maybe. Boxing is strange though, people seem to forget things and brush them under the carpet like they didn’t happen, like both Canelo and Fury failing drugs tests. 

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Is the monumental comeback story not enough? As a very casual boxing fan, I remember that more than who's won which belts.

It was, but really when looking back at the sport, is that what people will remember about Fury? I would imagine it would be more the fights against Wilder, but he is lacking in iconic wins really. The Klitschko fight, whilst was massively important, was far from a classic. Other than that, most of his wins aren't too much of a spectacle. 

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

It was, but really when looking back at the sport, is that what people will remember about Fury? I would imagine it would be more the fights against Wilder, but he is lacking in iconic wins really. The Klitschko fight, whilst was massively important, was far from a classic. Other than that, most of his wins aren't too much of a spectacle. 

Does it matter? He is head and shoulders above any other heavy weight….

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

When talking about the best heavyweights of all time, yes. How do you know he's head and shoulders above? He's not fought Usyk, he's not fought Joshua. It damages his legacy if he doesn't fight at least one, if not both of these guys.

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He can only prove that by beating the next best, surely?

Fury is very good at convincing people of his own achievements. He blabbered on about being the lineal champion when literally nobody in modern boxing ever talks about such a title. He also adamantly claims Wilder is the next best in the division and the latest being how he has won every belt and so has nothing left to prove. 

If Usyk beats AJ again then he holds three belts and is undefeated. He will have beaten the man (twice) who also beat Vlad. So what else does Fury have on him? His wins over Wilder? Most would argue AJ is better than Wilder.

Fury will have to do more to cement his legacy as the best of his era. 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fury is very good at convincing people of his own achievements. He blabbered on about being the lineal champion when literally nobody in modern boxing ever talks about such a title. He also adamantly claims Wilder is the next best in the division and the latest being how he has won every belt and so has nothing left to prove. 

If Usyk beats AJ again then he holds three belts and is undefeated. He will have beaten the man (twice) who also beat Vlad. So what else does Fury have on him? His wins over Wilder? Most would argue AJ is better than Wilder.

I wouldn't.  Wilders a knockout machine, if ponderous.  I still can't believe Fury got up in that first fight as that shot would have rendered most others comatose and then he should have comfortably won on the cards. Joshua to me seems to me to have very little balls in the face of ring adversity and even lost to Andy Ruiz who looked like he'd spent the previous evening at a night club on the shots, smoking 50 B & H, followed by the full Monty at McTurks.

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I wouldn't.  Wilders a knockout machine, if ponderous.  I still can't believe Fury got up in that first fight as that shot would have rendered most others comatose and then he should have comfortably won on the cards. Joshua to me seems to me to have very little balls in the face of ring adversity and even lost to Andy Ruiz who looked like he'd spent the previous evening at a night club on the shots, smoking 50 B & H, followed by the full Monty at McTurks.

Wilder can’t take a shot, judged by his struggles against Fury who I wouldn’t class as a big power puncher. His defence is poor and he has no ring craft.

I think AJ is a far better boxer than Wilder and has the power to knock him out too. Sure that doesn’t mean if Wilder lands one flush he can’t knock out AJ, but of the two, AJ certainly has more in his locker overall. 

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fury would beat AJ, perhaps he will be tempted and prove it.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Fury would beat AJ, perhaps he will be tempted and prove it.

If it’s an easy fight for him as he claims he would be stupid not to as it’s the biggest fight in boxing. Both would net at least £50m each from it.

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If it’s an easy fight for him as he claims he would be stupid not to as it’s the biggest fight in boxing. Both would net at least £50m each from it.

Maybe he will but he’s said he’s done with boxing, unbeaten and nothing to prove…

This commentary from America is a joke and unless the fight changes dramatically then this is more dominant over Canelo than the 1st GGG fight. 

They're even denying it in the face of stats showing Canelo is just getting battered in these 8 rounds. 

I given Canelo 2 close rounds in 8 and he's looking hurt

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

This commentary from America is a joke and unless the fight changes dramatically then this is more dominant over Canelo than the 1st GGG fight. 

They're even denying it in the face of stats showing Canelo is just getting battered in these 8 rounds. 

I given Canelo 2 close rounds in 8 and he's looking hurt

DAZN official site has round by round scoring with Canelo ahead. Lol.

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

They should ask them which rounds. Talk us through it. 

He got battered.

They scored it 114-114 at the end. Clear bias.

Canelo deserves respect for fighting a champion in a higher weight category.

People like Carl Froch saying he would be too big for him. Froch stayed at 168 his entire career whereas Canelo and Andre Ward risked far more.

Bivol looks like he could dominate 175 for years to come.

Shaun Porter had Canelo 3-2 up. And then said it will be different in rematch because Canelo got it tactically wrong

Some other American pundit (all annoying!!) said it could be the Vegan diet without any sense of irony!!

I think it simply demonstrated why their are weight divisions. Fair play to Canelo he'll go down as an all time great. Still nobody can beat him below light heavy