TV Games

Shuff264

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Alpha mate, but if it bothered you that much, you'd change jobs. There are millions of people who work shifts and cannot do what they want. Many who have to waste holidays, ring in sick or cause arguments to get time off. I personally have faced disciplinary action and had a contract terminated because I didn't want to miss out on Derby or England games.

I know nurses that have to work weekends at short notice, I know police officers etc that have to aswell, what about those in the forces that have to go away for months on end? You know what you're signing up for when you take the job.

It's not football's fault that your employer is not flexible, but as a news flash, we were playing Friday night games long before Sky got involved in the football league. If memory serves me right, wasn't Igor's first game for Derby a Friday night game against Tranmere?? I could be wrong, but we did play them some Friday nights,

Yeah I'll just change jobs tomorrow. I'm sure I'll get the same wages to support my family...

I have skipped work for football. Loads of times. But I don't think they'll take much more.

My complaint is that they set a date and time for a match and then change it. I can plan my way around any game. But not when no game is safe from being moved.

I've lost Rotherham but that's due to the FA Cup so I can't complain.

Put games at 3am Sunday morning for me. Just don't move them once you've put them there. Televise them. Beam them into outer space. Play the match on a UFO and take it around the galaxy. I couldn't give a toss. Just don't **** about with the set date and time because you want to televise it. Just televise it.

It's even worse when you're going away. Hotel sorted, train sorted, day booked off. Oh hold on, cancel that. Sky want it moved back 18 hours.

I work nights 8-6. Nobody is allowed to book Good Friday off because otherwise everyone would do it. I've used up plenty of holiday on midweek games and have used the last of them for Charlton and whoever the other one is in April.

I'm proper sulking now. Going to be a great game.

I do the early Saturday KO's despite being knackered. I do the midweek games even though it costs holidays.

Proper sulking.

Sky can **** off with their stupid adverts about fans and passion. They **** about with football so much. Just leave matches where they are. How about THEY work around football? Yeah, a stupid idea.

Just play football at 3:00pm. Stick a game on at Sunday dinner time/tea time if they must

3pm on a Saturday. The best league in the world.... you'll have 4 games and West Brom v Stoke will be the best one.

And Friday night games that aren't on a public holiday? Yeah, brilliant. Let's all finish work and travel around the country on a Friday night so nobody watches the game on telly anyway.

Mate, I thought the same with the Wolves game. As I work half of my weekends, there's no point paying for a ST, away membership etc, so I have to be selective and, more importantly, lucky (hence me sulking about missing out on Fulham away, even though I booked the day off last month so I could go to it). With Wolves though, it was originally the day after my birthday and I was off for it. But now it's on my birthday because the pr*cks at Sky think it'd be better for us to have it then. So I'll have to pick between the Wolves game or going out with friends and family to celebrate. Either way, I'm going to miss out on something I wanted to do.

And I live in Birmingham, so I've already been screwed over this season by the game at St Andrews being on Boxing Day. The one game of the year I couldn't physically do as I was back in Derby and there was no public transport. Rant over.

6 home, 4 away on sky. League only.

Be better if it was an even split.

Feel sorry for you Alpha and anyone else affected as it is a pretty late change but not sure on the alternative. Sky need to show the key games as the season draws to a conclusion.

6 home, 4 away on sky. League only.

Be better if it was an even split.

Feel sorry for you Alpha and anyone else affected as it is a pretty late change but not sure on the alternative. Sky need to show the key games as the season draws to a conclusion.

If the change suited me I'd be praising them. You see my profile picture? Those two sulk less than me.

Mate, I thought the same with the Wolves game. As I work half of my weekends, there's no point paying for a ST, away membership etc, so I have to be selective and, more importantly, lucky (hence me sulking about missing out on Fulham away, even though I booked the day off last month so I could go to it). With Wolves though, it was originally the day after my birthday and I was off for it. But now it's on my birthday because the pr*cks at Sky think it'd be better for us to have it then. So I'll have to pick between the Wolves game or going out with friends and family to celebrate. Either way, I'm going to miss out on something I wanted to do.

And I live in Birmingham, so I've already been screwed over this season by the game at St Andrews being on Boxing Day. The one game of the year I couldn't physically do as I was back in Derby and there was no public transport. Rant over.

Can you change the birthday celebrations? That's the way. If you can. They'll be football at 8am on a Thursday soon! The cnuts!

Chin up AR, the comments might never stop. Just have a mental list of ammunition so you can bite back when you get stick. It's JW, it can't be hard to find something to give him stick for.

Hey I would give him stick,but choose not too.

Meh who I am kidding:Only way JW will get laid is if he crawls up a chicken's ass and waits.

Is this a sign that Sky think we're in the playoff scrap now? They can sod off, it's the Boro game I'm most concerned about. Still chasing autos.

People at work (Stoke and Liverpool fans) are tearing into me about us being 3rd now and it's the play offs again. I'm buzzing after the back to back Bolton and Bournemouth performances and they're also making out we're dropping out the promotion race. Boro this and Boro that. There was pretty much no way Boro were going to stay 3rd Tuesday night. Our draw was probably the worst result for them. As I'm sure all 3 of us would like to see a two horse race for the title than a 3 horse race for just 2 auto spots. They would have loved to see a loser and a slight gap between them and 3rd.

Bloody Stokies. Clueless

Does anyone know if they are televised in Australia?

Am out there for these two games, so it's fallen alright for me...

Not as far as I know, they prioritise the prem, so ignore other leagues. I spent three years streaming the games. Unless things have changed in the past year and half.

Oh and Mostyn. I may have jumped down your throat a bit with my last post. But I'm still sulking. So therefore I win all arguments until the period of sulking is over. It's how it works. Ok?

Not at all mate. I was wrong, you're right. I got on as if you were moaning about the game being inconvenient, not the game being moved. Although i think your moan on this occasion is partly fuelled by a blanket ban on holidays on Good Friday.

Not at all mate. I was wrong, you're right. I got on as if you were moaning about the game being inconvenient, not the game being moved. Although i think your moan on this occasion is partly fuelled by a blanket ban on holidays on Good Friday.

Sound mate. I'm off my high horse today. Will probably climb back up when the game comes around though. Yes, my workplace is inspired by a North Korean prison. There's rules about how long you can have a pooh for!

Archived