One Of My Favourites!

CheltenhamRam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a brilliant moment tbf.

Glad everyone enjoyed today. McClaren spoke about the fans getting impatient at one point early on but I didn't sense that. Did anyone?

Was confident of winning the whole time.

I didn't feel like they would score. (until they did !)

That moment when all the stands did their thing cranked up the atmosphere no end.

First time I've heard the south stand singing East stand East stand give us a song ... That's the way to start a singalong .

Glad everyone enjoyed today. McClaren spoke about the fans getting impatient at one point early on but I didn't sense that. Did anyone?

I wouldn't have called it that, no.

However, there was a realisation mid-way through the first half that Bolton were set up quite different to what we usually see. They were set up to get 3 or 4 men round our players as soon as they got the ball either in midfield or up top. They didn't sit back as much as I expected and pushed forward a fair amount first half. Think hey have a decent base which to build in fairness. Just need something other than "let's see what Zack Clough can do" going forward.

I wouldn't have called it that, no.

However, there was a realisation mid-way through the first half that Bolton were set up quite different to what we usually see. They were set up to get 3 or 4 men round our players as soon as they got the ball either in midfield or up top. They didn't sit back as much as I expected and pushed forward a fair amount first half. Think hey have a decent base which to build in fairness. Just need something other than "let's see what Zack Clough can do" going forward.

Spot on.  Bannan looked tidy but they were limited.

And their right back was dog poo. He was weak against jeff for the second and even forsyth was doing him for pace!

I did a little bit and the first came out of nowhere. The frustrating thing for me is that it is clear how we play, we will pass it around at the back and we will take a few risks. Grant will give it to his defendesprs at every opportunity. The less educated fans though and those who don't turn up often are shouting "kick it up" and so on. Wh won't change how we play, get behind the team regardless of where we are passing it around and give them the confidence to play anywhere on the pitch.

I agree with McClaren that fans were getting a bit impatient, and I'd go as far to say as there was a lot of tension in the crowd until Ince scored.

We were holding onto it ok at the back and were obviously trying some quick, risky passes forward in midfield, which when they went slightly wrong were greeted with the usual "oh for f**ks sake Derby" and "wake up". I was glad to see it - more reminiscent of our style last season. Bolton pressed very well in the first 25 and that did make things difficult for us.

The noise was quite good after we had scored but my word there are some down right t**ts in the East stand who did their best to ruin it for me.

Archived