One Of My Favourites!

CheltenhamRam

Spotted that too, granty was singing along!

he pointed to his ear then pointed at us, goes to show the impact it has when everyone gets involved.

Best moment of the game that

Thought atmosphere was great today with South stand encouraging East ,North and even West stands,just need left side over ere to join in 

Brill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the left side sing!

The closest people to the West I mean. Left looking at the pitch from a South Stand point of view. They really don't sing unless we score. 

We starting singing "Left side give us a song" and there was just silence. I can't work out what's going on over there....

The closest people to the West I mean. Left looking at the pitch from a South Stand point of view. They really don't sing unless we score. 

We starting singing "Left side give us a song" and there was just silence. I can't work out what's going on over there....

From where I am, West lower block c, I can see the whites of their eyes, and can answer your question! Not a lot.

I sit on the left side about 3quaters of the way up, every row beneath me sits down, people behind try to and it ends up in arguments

! Does my nut in!! If your in the southstand stand up!

I sit on the left side about 3quaters of the way up, every row beneath me sits down, people behind try to and it ends up in arguments

They discussed this in the Derby podcast and I think they got it spot on. Like a lot of people Id love to see a return to standing. I don't even want the 'safe standing' - I want proper terraces where you can see your mate 50 yards away and wander over for a chat.

But until the government do something about it then unfortunately if someone behind you who's paid for their seat wants you to sit then you need to sit.

It's annoying I know but the solution is a return to proper standing areas not arguing with paying customers

There's some roads I think should be 10mph faster but if the driver in front drives at the official speed limit I don't start honking my horn at them

I'm in the sat down part there. Does annoy me as I wish to stand but most still sing anyway and do stand up to join in with stuff.

They discussed this in the Derby podcast and I think they got it spot on. Like a lot of people Id love to see a return to standing. I don't even want the 'safe standing' - I want proper terraces where you can see your mate 50 yards away and wander over for a chat.

But until the government do something about it then unfortunately if someone behind you who's paid for their seat wants you to sit then you need to sit.

It's annoying I know but the solution is a return to proper standing areas not arguing with paying customers

There's some roads I think should be 10mph faster but if the driver in front drives at the official speed limit I don't start honking my horn at them

I think a lot of people moved there hoping to be part of a "kop" type end so its going to cause a few disputes with others who have just moved there to sit for most of the match!

Maybe the ones who prefer to sit for most of the game will relocate to the North Stand next season. There's quite a few around the ground who would take their places i'm sure.

No one wants Derby fans to feel they must stand or sit, but if the South stand is the main stand for standing and singing then personally, i'd move if i didn't want to be part of it.

I think a lot of people moved there hoping to be part of a "kop" type end so its going to cause a few disputes with others who have just moved there to sit for most of the match!

Maybe the ones who prefer to sit for most of the game will relocate to the North Stand next season. There's quite a few around the ground who would take their places i'm sure.

No one wants Derby fans to feel they must stand or sit, but if the South stand is the main stand for standing and singing then personally, i'd move if i didn't want to be part of it.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for it personally. But what the south stand is 'for' seems a bit convoluted. People already there, people who want to sing and stand, and it's been used for cheap seats this season as well right?

I know the club have designated it the 'singing area' but is it officially a 'standing area'? Im not sure on the law but are they even allowed to do that even if they wanted to (which they probably do)?

"A lot of our own fans have said they want to sit behind that goal and create something of a singing area."

- John Vicars. Note the use of the word 'sit'

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-trial-plan-seat-Rams-fans-goals-iPro/story-20480145-detail/story.html#3c3hLscjI765DmCl.99

Being honest, the atmosphere this season has not been anywehre as good as i thought it would be following the South Stand move.

I think the Wolves game had the best atmosphere. Saturday was great as well but I bet you anything normal service will be resumed in the next game. 

Being honest, the atmosphere this season has not been anywehre as good as i thought it would be following the South Stand move.

I think the Wolves game had the best atmosphere. Saturday was great as well but I bet you anything normal service will be resumed in the next game.

So all the players have to do is score 4 or 5 then. Sorted!

Being honest, the atmosphere this season has not been anywehre as good as i thought it would be following the South Stand move.

I think the Wolves game had the best atmosphere. Saturday was great as well but I bet you anything normal service will be resumed in the next game.

Don't exactly get what you are expecting. You're simply not going to have it bouncing continuously in every game against opponents who bring no fans and you expect to beat, especially when the team might be off colour.

We do a bloody good job compared to 90% of clubs out there.

Saturday second half was brilliant. For what it's worth, I think the south stand has improved atmosphere and certainly took atmosphere away from the away fans - it's done it's job. I'm not surprised it's not been completely overwhelming, because it [the normal game atmosphere] never really has been. At least, like Saturday, when everybody is on form then it shows just how big of difference it can make. 

The movement is far, far away from being a failure but it's not a roaring success either. I hope as time progresses then it builds character and it becomes what most of us who sit there want it to be. 

Anyone who complains about standing in the South Stand should politely be asked to relocate to the North Stand. I sit in the East, but makes me proud and happy to see what Nick and all the other fans have created in the South Stand.

Give the police and stewards credit though - they don't appear to actively be telling people to sit down. They turn a blind eye and I think off the record the club has asked them to do that.

It helps when there are 30k people there and we are winning games. The Wednesday match could be the next real special one as I expect them to sell out (or close to) and the same for Derby.

Sure it isn't perfect but it's a damn site better than 95% of anything any other clubs have in England. To have that volume of fans standing in one stand is very rare in this country.

Given the chance to progress, and now the prices have gone up (cheap ticket chasers will hopefully leave), it will be better next season. A full house just gives the whole ground a lift.

Saying that, I'd say Wolves, Bolton and Chelsea have probably been the best vocally. Yesterday was better than Forest, which is odd.

Archived