One Of My Favourites!

CheltenhamRam

They discussed this in the Derby podcast and I think they got it spot on. Like a lot of people Id love to see a return to standing. I don't even want the 'safe standing' - I want proper terraces where you can see your mate 50 yards away and wander over for a chat.

But until the government do something about it then unfortunately if someone behind you who's paid for their seat wants you to sit then you need to sit.

It's annoying I know but the solution is a return to proper standing areas not arguing with paying customers

There's some roads I think should be 10mph faster but if the driver in front drives at the official speed limit I don't start honking my horn at them

The people complaining got moved by the stewards for swearing and kicking off, they never sat there again, now I'm on the last row that stands

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the sat down part there. Does annoy me as I wish to stand but most still sing anyway and do stand up to join in with stuff.

I agree mate they do stand up and sing along. It's only a few that sit down which makes the rest around them have to sit

Who's doing the complaining mate? The sitters or the standers?

sitters they have moved now but I mean everyone infront of sits downs so there are rows that sit with no one complaining

The closest people to the West I mean. Left looking at the pitch from a South Stand point of view. They really don't sing unless we score.

We starting singing "Left side give us a song" and there was just silence. I can't work out what's going on over there....

We sing at the top. Tbh we can't hear the other side. It needs the middle to join in.

Left side give us a song is a terrible chant because if the middle doesn't sing then we can't hear you unless it's silent

Dunno about down the bottom or middle bottom. It looks like people just clap down there.

I don't join in with that Dale Cavese rubbish though myself. Don't see the point in it. I'll join in with the other rubbish chants but I draw the line in that "Palace Ultras" rip off.

Not an issue for me personally (cos I sit in the posh seats in the West stand...) but I think all this "you have to stand if you're in the south stand" is a bit harsh...

If I wasn't a season ticket holder and the tickets I'd bought were in the South stand I'd be proper sausaged off if someone was trying to force my old man to stand the whole game... He's pretty fit for his age but still...

I think we're all fans of the same club and if people want/need to sit then respect that... atmosphere isn't all about standing up... it's about the singing...

When I was younger I stood on the popside with other young guys who wanted to sing, swear and jump around. Older people sat down in other parts of the ground

That's whats the South stand is for. I don't sit there myself but certainly would have done 20 or 30 years ago. Its for people who want to sing, swear and jump around. Standing up is part of that. If people don't like it, sit elsewhere      

We sing at the top. Tbh we can't hear the other side. It needs the middle to join in.

Left side give us a song is a terrible chant because if the middle doesn't sing then we can't hear you unless it's silent

Dunno about down the bottom or middle bottom. It looks like people just clap down there.

I don't join in with that Dale Cavese rubbish though myself. Don't see the point in it. I'll join in with the other rubbish chants but I draw the line in that "Palace Ultras" rip off.

I hear you mate, I'm left side middle. Completely agree. I sing all game. I'm also the one who shouts 'you're mum's a *****' when the opponents take a corner. I swear it works sometimes!

Apologies if anyone doesn't like me doing it.

I hear you mate, I'm left side middle. Completely agree. I sing all game. I'm also the one who shouts 'you're mum's a *****' when the opponents take a corner. I swear it works sometimes!

Apologies if anyone doesn't like me doing it.

If your avatar is really you, I can believe that.

When I was younger I stood on the popside with other young guys who wanted to sing, swear and jump around. Older people sat down in other parts of the ground

That's whats the South stand is for. I don't sit there myself but certainly would have done 20 or 30 years ago. Its for people who want to sing, swear and jump around. Standing up is part of that. If people don't like it, sit elsewhere      

Problem is I used to go in the popside and sing and swear and jump around .Now I'm old I still want to sing ,swear and jump around. Trouble is people look at me a bit odd  should I have therapy ?  

Archived