Problem Pussy

Wolfie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for test results & I really want it to be an infection or something because you can treat that. Surely an infection doesn't make you take a dump in the middle of an armchair (thankfully leather) and a big pee on our bed, as she did on Saturday night.

If the test comes back clear I have no idea what to do about her. Such a lovely cat but just can't put up with that going on with a toddler in the house.

Waiting for test results & I really want it to be an infection or something because you can treat that. Surely an infection doesn't make you take a dump in the middle of an armchair (thankfully leather) and a big pee on our bed, as she did on Saturday night.

If the test comes back clear I have no idea what to do about her. Such a lovely cat but just can't put up with that going on with a toddler in the house.

Maybe it was just really excited after the win?

Hope it works out pal.I fully understand not wanting that around your toddler.

Good luck.

Perhaps the cat is acting up because the kid is stealing all the attention.

My cat had exactly the same symptoms, unfortunately was cancer, but had surgery and lived a very happy life for another 18 months until one day he let us know his race was run, hope your cat's prognosis is better, surgery was costly but well worth it for the extra pain free time we spent with him, good luck.

My cat had exactly the same symptoms, unfortunately was cancer, but had surgery and lived a very happy life for another 18 months until one day he let us know his race was run, hope your cat's prognosis is better, surgery was costly but well worth it for the extra pain free time we spent with him, good luck.

Thanks. Back to the vet's tonight. She's overgrooming her back & fur is coming out in clumps. So sad to see her like this but my little one was trying to help this morning by giving her extra cuddles, which was met with loud purrs as normal.

Thanks. Back to the vet's tonight. She's overgrooming her back & fur is coming out in clumps. So sad to see her like this but my little one was trying to help this morning by giving her extra cuddles, which was met with loud purrs as normal.

I really hope everything goes well. Best of luck.

Blood test results came back negative last night but she's staying at the vet's today for urine tests and xray. They think she might have arthritis and the behaviour issues are due to the pain. Will hopefully find out later.

Pussy pics will follow.... :wacko:

She's on a course of anti-inflammatories for the arthritis pain they thought she might be in. She has already almost stopped over-grooming & no more imaginative toilet locations (though we have stopped her going in the bedrooms), so maybe that's it. Still waiting on other tests though.

Vet bill just broke through

She's on a course of anti-inflammatories for the arthritis pain they thought she might be in. She has already almost stopped over-grooming & no more imaginative toilet locations (though we have stopped her going in the bedrooms), so maybe that's it. Still waiting on other tests though.

She's now on pain medication & tablets to dissolve crystals in her bladder. They seem pretty sure that her behaviour is pain related and shouldn't continue once the issues have been dealt with. Which is good.

Not so good is the cost of the special food the vet has put her on. Picked up 48 days' supply last night. Cost?

Archived