Problem Pussy

Wolfie

One for the cat lovers...

We have a lovely 11 year old rag-doll cat, who is the most friendly & daft thing I've ever met.

She's fantastic with our 2 year old (and always has been) & doesn't mind being dragged around and used as a pillow at all - in fact just purrs and comes back for more.

The problem is that over the last week or so, she has started going to the loo in various places around the house, including my little one's favourite chair (which we've had to replace) and our bed. Obviously we are not best pleased with this but can't think of anything that has changed in her routine at all, to bring on any anxiety in her. I can't think of anything new at all which might have affected her.

Any ideas as to what we can do?.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a lovely 11 year old rag-doll cat, who is the most friendly & daft thing I've ever met.

She's fantastic with our 2 year old (and always has been) & doesn't mind being dragged around and used as a pillow at all - in fact just purrs and comes back for more.

The problem is that over the last week or so, she has started going to the loo in various places around the house, including my little one's favourite chair (which we've had to replace) and our bed. Obviously we are not best pleased with this but can't think of anything that has changed in her routine at all, to bring on any anxiety in her. I can't think of anything new at all which might have affected her.

I think all that dragging, and people lying on her, may have taking its toll my friend. Hopefully a good vet can squash her back into shape.

When I was in Sierra Leone I went to a restaurant called Madam Pussy's. On the menu instead of Starters or Entrees it said Madam Pussy's Openings. Didn't go there again

You should have seen Madam Pussy. A rather large lady. From the menu I had Madam Pussy's Dis 'n Dat which said underneath by way of description "a little bit of dis and a lot of dat"

You just don't get that at Nando's!

Same thing happened to our cat, take it to the vets ASAP.

I know someone who had the same problem (more or less), still not 100% how it was sorted in the end. A combination of "trying everything" I guess. Does she normally go outside or does she use a litter tray and now she won't use the litter?

One of my cats is 14 years old and started to do the same thing about a year ago.Took her to the vet and she was found to have feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

Not saying same for yours(My cat had some blood in her stool),but as others have said take to the vet ASAP to see if it could be something similar.

Cost a fair bit to rectify her problem,but she has been a fine pussy ever since.

Good luck.

My wife was in a bit of a state after our second child. The midwife sewed her up like a patchwork quilt.

Cost a fair bit to rectify her problem, but she has had a fine pussy ever since.

I still have a 50% off voucher in respect of that surgery. Not sure whether it means she can have a cash discount if she has more work done, or more simply if everything begins to fall a little I can have 50% taken off.

I know someone who had the same problem (more or less), still not 100% how it was sorted in the end. A combination of "trying everything" I guess. Does she normally go outside or does she use a litter tray and now she won't use the litter?

Thanks for the suggestions guys and we will take her to the vet.

She's a wuss and only goes out in good weather and she is still using the litter tray. Just that every couple of days she'll leave her doings around the place.

Female cats can mark their territory just like males if they feel their area is being used by other cats. Even if they don't go out, if she sees cats use your garden through the window it could stress her out.

Vets is the first thing tho to rule out any medical condition

My first thought was 'do you have a cat flap, and is it one that other kitties can use or is it triggered by a collar/microchip device'.

If it isn't a medical condition, then it COULD be anxiety, especially if another moggie is coming in at night.

Cmon Wolfie, we need to know how your cat is? You can't introduce her into our lives, give us some disconcerting news, and then not update us. I do hope you have taken her to the vets rather than poncing about getting a new iPhone 6 for your missus.

Cmon Wolfie, we need to know how your cat is? You can't introduce her into our lives, give us some disconcerting news, and then not update us. I do hope you have taken her to the vets rather than poncing about getting a new iPhone 6 for your missus.

Hopefully she's been taken to the vet today, so will see when I get home.

I will update further in due course.....

Thanks for the concern

Archived