Quote from Bournemouth forum

StringerBell

I can't wait to see how grumpy we get with each other when we're in a relegation battle next season.

Now that's an interesting one.

I am not surprised to see Leicester where they are, I thought last season they were a bit one-dimensional and unless they replacd their manager, I expected them to be in the relegation scrap. I also expected Burnley to be likely candidates to come straight back down but thought QPR with their financial clout to have a chance of staying up.

I did think that had Derby gone up last season, then staying up would have been less oof an issue than LCFC or BFC.

IF, AFCB go up this season, I don't see us in a relegation battle. I think we can hold our own against quite a few of the existing Prem teams and if Howe gets the opportunity add 3 or 4 players to his squad, I would happily contemplate a 10th -16th finish.

I would also expect DCFC to stay up if you added a couple more players. Villa, WBA, in fact any of the current 13-20 in the Prem are vulnerable.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there is reason #2 to dislike Eddie Howe.

"I'd rather have gone 1-0 down and had 11v11"

You'd rather have gone 1-0 down in a game you barely threatened anything in than it be 0-0 and us have a free kick?

Is he the first manager ever to argue with the referee that the opposition should have a goal allowed?

Arguing with the referee! You might need to keep a sense of perspective?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

If you're pissed other clubs are sniping at you from the top, don't take it as an insult or a "big club vs small club" debate, take it as a compliment. 

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

If you're pissed other clubs are sniping at you from the top, don't take it as an insult or a "big club vs small club" debate, take it as a compliment. 

Nobody's pissed off; we find it all rather amusing that there's this whole 'get back in your box you tinpot winkers' going on. Some of us remember when certain clubs were in the 3rd and 4th divisions and the likes of Northampton Town and Carlisle United were in the top.

No one cares.... And we're not like anyone else in League One or League Two. Carlisle forum are better than yours tbf.

Nobody's pissed off; we find it all rather amusing that there's this whole 'get back in your box you tinpot winkers' going on. Some of us remember when certain clubs were in the 3rd and 4th divisions and the likes of Northampton Town and Carlisle United were in the top.

But still...don't really think we've been given it the "tinpot" abuse? You seem to be the one bringing it up all the time.

Most on here are judging you as a team. We save all our complexes and insecurities about what we are as a club for when we play Forest.

But still...don't really think we've been given it the "tinpot" abuse? You seem to be the one bringing it up all the time.

Most on here are judging you as a team. We save all our complexes and insecurities about what we are as a club for when we play Forest.

I know right, I find it funny that is he's the 1 bring it up than us... Failed to see who mentioned 'tinpot' on here at all...

To be quite honest I think the vast majority of Derby fans couldn't give a monkeys who goes up - as long as it isn't Forest or Leeds! I'm more bothered about our own season than someone else's.

I'd like to hope we'll occupy one of the automatic spots at the end of the season and at present my money would be on Middlesborough for the other spot, but with just under half the season to go who knows what will happen.

Not trying to be confrontational, but if you did go up with a capacity of c.12k(?) do you think you'd be able to attract/afford players of a sufficient standard to make a fight of staying up?

Not trying to be confrontational, but if you did go up with a capacity of c.12k(?) do you think you'd be able to attract/afford players of a sufficient standard to make a fight of staying up?

Of course they would. Players want to play in the Premier League, and they wouldn't turn a club down just because a club played in a small stadium. I'd be interested to see what happens to Dean Court it they went up though.

Bournemouth's ground would be average to fairly large for a lower top flight team in a lot of countries. Look at Eibar's ground as an example.

Of course they would. Players want to play in the Premier League, and they wouldn't turn a club down just because a club played in a small stadium. I'd be interested to see what happens to Dean Court it they went up though.

Bournemouth's ground would be average to fairly large for a lower top flight team in a lot of countries. Look at Eibar's ground as an example.

You say that, but capacity impacts revenue and thus a team's ability to stay in a division. I know you get the tv money, but it doesn't arrive in one lump on the day you go up. Players may go there to put themselves in the shop window, but would you want to stump up said players wages in case you go down / would they really be up for a relegation scrap.

I think any club which gets promoted has an issue attracting the right players to make a fist of it in the prem.

I think most fans on both sides are just afraid of the other team

I firmly believe both of us will take the autos at the end of the season and both will stay up next year

There will be a lot of grudges against both teams until the end of the season as each are afraid that the other will win the big prize and the other miss out as we are pretty similiar clubs (attendance difference means nothing)

I can probably guarantee as soon as one of us has secured an auto spot well be rooting for the other to get the last one

Both teams have been stretching their financial muscle more so this season, neither hardly trying to buy the league, some will argue bournemouths multimillion pound signings, but they are direct replacements for sold players, if we sold russel for 3million I'd expect to have to pay the same amount to buy a player of the same ilk, and I doubt ince, albentosa and bent are on the cheap wages

Both teams play good football, are in great positions for this season with a great setup

I fully wish Bournemiyth good luck for the rest of the campaign (except against us, of course ;)) and it'd be a nice change to see both of us in MOTD next season

UTR

Being serious for a moment.

Attendances, whilst bringing in welcome revenue are a drop in the ocean of Premiership football, where TV money dwarfs everything else. In the event that AFCB get promoted, we will have an increased capacity, I'm sure of that, to around the 18,000 mark, which will likely come from a larger temporary stand at the South End.

We would sell out most games, because:

a) there's a lot of people in our catchment area population of 500,000+ who will pay to see the novelty of top-flight football

and

b) a lot of away fans are going to be looking at calendars to tick off a weekend away on the nicest part of the south-coast and take in a ground where most haven't been before.

When Stains built St. Mary's, they went from 15,000 to 31,000 gates overnight. BHA did similar; people come to new grounds - what were you getting at the BG versus PP? - so whilst we're unlikely to get another shiny new stadium in the short term, I have faith in the people running the club having enough nous to find a way to keep us up if we go up and to build for bigger attendances.

You play up to the small club thing. "Ickle bitsy Bournemouth"

Give up.

You're a good team and after offering

Hi ho all!

Boscombe fan here; I come in peace but I'm happy to give as good as I get. ;)

Bit late to this thread, but it makes some good reading.

A fair amount of rubbish posted about us by a couple of posters; but at least, unlike Brighton, you don't claim to have all the inside information on our finances and dodgy dealings.

Also a lot of well thought out stuff for many of you, which just goes to show that every board has its brainles pillocks but most are rational human beings.

As for AFCB?

I think the hardcore of supporters, the 4,000 odd who've been there week after week for decades, know that we're overacheiving.

Much of that is down to Howe, but just as much is down to our owner and his money.

Neither will last.

This season is crucial to us; one brief season in the Premiership should set us on a reasonable financial footing for a few years, which is something we haven't had for decades.

I'd just like to apologise on behalf of AFCB and its supporters for the club bringing a multi millionaire onto our board and giving him control of the club, I fully realise that there isn't another football league club that would have sunk so low.

Don't get too wound up about AFCB, we're just having our day in the sun; it's only taken a hundred years.

BTW, our vital bournemouth site is the best used forum if you want to say hello.

Derby supporters begrudging us a moment in the sun? Either your stock has fallen or ours has risen.

Welcome to our website, SweetMeats.

Like the vast majority of our fans who do not slash tyres or assault players we realise that all but a small vocal minority of your fans are true followers of this beautiful game and are decent, ordinary human beings.

Most, if not all, of the posters on this thread are nice guys and girls (especially the girls) ho welcome opinions from fans of other teams. (even Forest, other than on derby small d days).

We hope that you and yours are enjoying the rarified atmosphere at the top end of the Championship and look forward to a hard clean game between our teams with no biting, gouging or hitting below the belt.

Whichever team comes out on top it is neither the end of the world, nor the season.

Archived