Craig Bryson

YouRams

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very nervous about the possible 750 k release clause but if someone came with good offer now, I'd be tempted to sell if we go up.

He has been very good for us but he is one those players I expect not to have ability to make step up to PL. Unfortunately.

I massively disagree... Brsyon is a 'runner'... his big qualities are that he's an extra man in defence and attack and covers loads of ground... These players can make a step up much more easily than other players...

Look at Paul Green... he played much lower down the pyramid and was the best player in the Donny team at every level... then was a stand out performer for us too...

Since teams are coming to muscle us Bryson just isn't effective, last season we were able to have the ball at feet at will and teams didn't have an answer. I think having Thorne behind him made a massive difference and they complimented each other nicely. That said if he left I wouldn't think it was the end of the world, big wages of the books and cash for a couple of decent players. But maybe not now it's deadline day...

Bryson is a fantastic player, arguably with Hughes and Thorne, one of our top 3 players. If i have a beef with our manager - and its hard to have a beef with something close to perfection i know - it's that he's not letting Bryso settle in. Against the best team in England, who scored? Who won the game at Watford? If you watch his runs, they are far and away the best on the team; they are sneaky and mazy runs off the ball and its no accident that when he's out of the team we don't look anywhere near as clever in our attacking movement. Add to that, the boy can light up a scoreboard in tough games, and get key goals. Give him a run where he's not always doubting whether he will be in or out, and he will pay us back 10-fold.

ValleyRam is right to love on him.

TobyWanKenobi

Shocked that some are wanting Bryson out just because Hughes and Hendrick are currently keeping him out of the team.

It's a squad game., and he's a fantastic addition to our squad.

Bryson is a fantastic player, arguably with Hughes and Thorne, one of our top 3 players. If i have a beef with our manager - and its hard to have a beef with something close to perfection i know - it's that he's not letting Bryso settle in. Against the best team in England, who scored? Who won the game at Watford? If you watch his runs, they are far and away the best on the team; they are sneaky and mazy runs off the ball and its no accident that when he's out of the team we don't look anywhere near as clever in our attacking movement. Add to that, the boy can light up a scoreboard in tough games, and get key goals. Give him a run where he's not always doubting whether he will be in or out, and he will pay us back 10-fold.

stop talking sense m8 , it wont catch on poty 2 out of 3 seasons but some fans want rid , it beggars belief but if bryso is deemed no good enough then derby are going to be some team in the next couple of seasons

none said they want rid valley ram. merely that if a decent offer came in theyd accept it.

Bryson hasnt been a patch on last season, maybe thats why he hasnt had a settled run in the team; he hasnt earned it. Not ahd a bad runof results wihtout him sowhy change it.

I now hes had some niggling injuries - but all the more reason not to pick him. give them time to settle down properly. Besides if any other player gets injured they have to earn their place back

stop talking sense m8 , it wont catch on poty 2 out of 3 seasons but some fans want rid , it beggars belief but if bryso is deemed no good enough then derby are going to be some team in the next couple of seasons

Who voted him poty?

The same fans you're saying know nothing?

Bryson's man problem is football intelligence.

He has attributes, but his tactical discipline and football IQ are lacking.

To be a top midfielder, you need to get basic decisions right. Bryson unfortunately doesn't.

And I wish people would stop drumming up his POTY award a few years ago. He was in competition with Theo Robinson, Ben Davies and Gareth Roberts. A good achievement, but come on...

Bryson's man problem is football intelligence.

He has attributes, but his tactical discipline and football IQ are lacking.

To be a top midfielder, you need to get basic decisions right. Bryson unfortunately doesn't.

And I wish people would stop drumming up his POTY award a few years ago. He was in competition with Theo Robinson, Ben Davies and Gareth Roberts. A good achievement, but come on...

he got it last year and had no competition at all did he, in our best season for years. what would you say his footballing IQ is by the way oracle?

Said this in another Bryson thread - is still very energetic and making those darting runs just isn't getting the ball. I would guess him sharing the role isn't helping (much like Hendrick imo).

I can actually see Masc/Jeff/Brys fighting for one midfield spot when GT returns. Unless of course one of them starts to stand out.

Someone nick Ninos' laptop in starbucks??

Looks to be struggling for form, fitness and confidence. Much like the Dawkins debate, he offers us something different to our other midfielders, the variety we have across the park is phenomenal for this level.

Bryson will score important goals in the run in, he'll contribute an invaluable performance that will make the difference between winning and losing.

He's suffered a bit this season from teams leaving less space in behind but at some point he'll bring something no one else in the side could.

Archived