I ******* love McClaren

robglosta

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only sing when you're winning.

Things are going well, yes but the jury remains out for me. He's won nothing yet.

I'm not really expecting to win a trophy with him.

I'd take Premier League football though, and under him he will at the very least set the model and have the system in place for us to stay there for years.

I liked his post-match interview. Yes, we won, yes we kept a clean sheet, but Cardiff were abject. I think he will be into his players a bit for the way they stopped playing the football they are capable of. 

Whilst Ward was typically busy, we lacked class in the wide areas and I hope Stevie gets in a good replacement. Ibe and Russell would have taken Cardiff apart. I also think we need another midfield option. Neither Hendrick nor Bryson are firing at the moment though both are capable.

SM will know we have to improve before Bournemouth. Part of that will require his recruitment team doing their stuff.

I liked his post-match interview. Yes, we won, yes we kept a clean sheet, but Cardiff were abject. I think he will be into his players a bit for the way they stopped playing the football they are capable of. 

Whilst Ward was typically busy, we lacked class in the wide areas and I hope Stevie gets in a good replacement. Ibe and Russell would have taken Cardiff apart. I also think we need another midfield option. Neither Hendrick nor Bryson are firing at the moment though both are capable.

SM will know we have to improve before Bournemouth. Part of that will require his recruitment team doing their stuff.

You have to earn the right to play .

Always makes me laugh when people are wise after the event .

You have to earn the right to play .

Always makes me laugh when people are wise after the event .

If by after the event you mean having watched the team play then yes. Every top team is constantly looking to improve. i just think that in the absence of Thorne, only Hughes and Martin really demand the ball. We play best with momentum and that comes from a catalyst. Hughes and Thorne have class and Mascarell will get there.Competition for places improves standards that's all.

If by after the event you mean having watched the team play then yes. Every top team is constantly looking to improve. i just think that in the absence of Thorne, only Hughes and Martin really demand the ball. We play best with momentum and that comes from a catalyst. Hughes and Thorne have class and Mascarell will get there.Competition for places improves standards that's all.

I was referring to your comment that Cardiff were abject.

Before the game against Cardiff I thought it would be a tough game but I think Derby snuffed them out.

I was just saying that after the game it's a lot easier to think we should of done better against them .

I think Steve was just a bit frustrated with our 2nd half performance but I was just happy we won and kept a clean sheet.

Bournemouth will be tough but we need to beat Bolton first.

I think we can match Bournemouth .

It's not just Mac, it's the whole set up;

SM, Eric, Simmo, Evans, Big Sam, Brett, and loads more. 

We're blessed at the moment.

Don't forget Mel Morris - the man with the private jet that collects future Derby players, baby

I was referring to your comment that Cardiff were abject.

Before the game against Cardiff I thought it would be a tough game but I think Derby snuffed them out.

I was just saying that after the game it's a lot easier to think we should of done better against them .

I think Steve was just a bit frustrated with our 2nd half performance but I was just happy we won and kept a clean sheet.

Bournemouth will be tough but we need to beat Bolton first.

I think we can match Bournemouth .

Sorry, then I agree. I thought Cardiff would show far more spirit. Even at two down they showed no urgency. I think Martin was a bit annoyed with himself at his sloppy passing which could have put us in for a couple more goals. He would have had a major fit if he'd been on the receiving end of those!

There's a huge gap between the top three or four and the rest of this league.

I hope you're right about us and Bournemouth, but we do tend to play better against better teams (Middlesboro apart).

Archived