I ******* love McClaren

robglosta

Having got to Cardiff early I was intrigued to see the reception of the Derby team bus arrive at the players entrance from both Derby and Cardiff fans. What struck me was the players got out straight away, but the fans stayed around for a good 15 mins or so to wait to see Steve to come off the bus after this. I thought it showed an appreciation for him that he must have realised was the case.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, then I agree. I thought Cardiff would show far more spirit. Even at two down they showed no urgency. I think Martin was a bit annoyed with himself at his sloppy passing which could have put us in for a couple more goals. He would have had a major fit if he'd been on the receiving end of those!

There's a huge gap between the top three or four and the rest of this league.

I hope you're right about us and Bournemouth, but we do tend to play better against better teams (Middlesboro apart).

Hope you're wrong about Boro, Anag. Their fans are doing my nut in at the moment, they seem to think they're Real Madrid. I know one Boro fan who actually thinks Karanka is the next Mourinho. 

I know we were pretty big for our boots last season, but they're on a whole new level. Plus, can't stand Bamford.

Who knew I had so much dislike not reserved for Forest, Leeds or QPR?  :mellow:

I think the player Middlesboro rely on the most is Leadbitter. His strength in front of the back four allows their four creative players (Vossen, Adomah, Bamford and Tomlin) the freedom to bomb forward. It's a crucial position as we are finding out. Against Cardiff I could have played there but against the better teams you need a strong core. 

Leadbitter would be perfect for us in the Thorne/Eustace role. Scores all his pennos as well - 11 goals this season isn't too shabby at all for the DM role.

Wasn't there talk of us signing him a couple of years back, or have I made that up?

I think the player Middlesboro rely on the most is Leadbitter. His strength in front of the back four allows their four creative players (Vossen, Adomah, Bamford and Tomlin) the freedom to bomb forward. It's a crucial position as we are finding out. Against Cardiff I could have played there but against the better teams you need a strong core. 

i watched them against Brentford and paid particular attention to their defensive setup.  Well organized and tight, but there were weaknesses such as being susceptible to crosses and corners to the far post,

sharp ground passes through the middle for a fast striker to latch onto and running at them,

although admittedly they don

Archived