7 Clean Sheets in 8 games

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is that a lot of people on here were very quick to criticise Keogh after the Forest game but really he and the rest of the defence deserve a lot of credit for a great run.

It's a fair point I suppose but I wonder how many of the clean sheets are also down to wonder saves from Lee Grant...

Suppose he does. He still goes sideways a lot to Bucko though, then throws his arm out in a 'get it forward' gesture.

Does Keogh ever do a long ball like Bucko does?

It's a fair point I suppose but I wonder how many of the clean sheets are also down to wonder saves from Lee Grant...

That's what it's like at this level. No team is ever going to be good enough in the second tier to completely shut the opposition out for weeks on end and you're going to have to rely on your keeper to keep clean sheets.

That's what it's like at this level. No team is ever going to be good enough in the second tier to completely shut the opposition out for weeks on end and you're going to have to rely on your keeper to keep clean sheets.

And even at the very top, keeps like cech and hart don't earn their money just sitting around doing nothing. Most highlight reels of a game will show them making at least one top draw save, even against a crap team, even with a world class defence in front of them.

Perhaps there's a pattern that really good teams have really good keepers. They have faith in their keepers which gives the defenders the confidence to push forward and play the ball about. If you've not got faith in your keeper, you just end up hoofing it as far away from your own goal as possible.

Suppose he does. He still goes sideways a lot to Bucko though, then throws his arm out in a 'get it forward' gesture.

Does Keogh ever do a long ball like Bucko does?

He tried one today - it went straight to Kenwyne Jones.

In typical Keogh fashion, he then got back into position quickly and robbed the Cardiff player.

It's also 7 wins in 8 games which is just as impressive and we've sort of done it unnonticed, with a lot of attention been on Boro, Bournemouth and ipswich in the past few weeks.

It's also 3 consecutive 2-0 victories.

The problem is he has mistakes in him. He get's away with far too many. A club such as ours can't afford these mistakes. It is the difference between automatic and play offs. Grant has saved us on many occasions. So many times I have anticipated the ball hitting the back of our net and Grant has pulled off a save. We are in excellent form. Keep it up and we will get automatic. 

This.

Grant never gets enough credit in my opinion. He's one of the, if not the best keeper in the division and a player I think, who is fully capable of making the step up to the Prem. Not only is he an immense shot stopper, but he is great commanding his back 4 and knowing when to collect, punch etc.

Our most consistent player but rarely gets the plaudits. 

Archived