7 Clean Sheets in 8 games

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tried one today - it went straight to Kenwyne Jones.

In typical Keogh fashion, he then got back into position quickly and robbed the Cardiff player.

Credit where it's due, he gave the ball away cheaply but then made the block and regained possession.

We all make mistakes but he defo covered that one with a great block.

This.

Grant never gets enough credit in my opinion. He's one of the, if not the best keeper in the division and a player I think, who is fully capable of making the step up to the Prem. Not only is he an immense shot stopper, but he is great commanding his back 4 and knowing when to collect, punch etc.

Our most consistent player but rarely gets the plaudits.

Let's hope he gets a bit busier next season.

Keogh gets a lot of stick because he makes stupid mistakes, yesterday he gave away the ball twice and put us back under pressure. The better teams will punish us which is why he's not good enough for the prem.

It'll be interesting with the Bucko injury to see who plays against Bournemouth, they are the highest scorers in the league and could warrant going ultra defensive with Warnock and Shotton as fullbacks.

Keogh gets a lot of stick because he makes stupid mistakes, yesterday he gave away the ball twice and put us back under pressure. The better teams will punish us which is why he's not good enough for the prem.

It'll be interesting with the Bucko injury to see who plays against Bournemouth, they are the highest scorers in the league and could warrant going ultra defensive with Warnock and Shotton as fullbacks.

Far from going ultra defensive we should pick the players most comfortable on the ball. If we give it away too much they may punish us. 

Keep the ball and we'll stroll out of froggg's back yard with all 3 points easily.

I thought it was a shame that when Buxton came off on Saturday, Albentosa wasn't available to bring on in his place. Would have been interesting to see how he fared alongside Keogh against a Championship side.

I had a quick scout of the Boro forum and apart from being enormously overconfident (to be expected, we were the same last year), there's a thread where they basically state that outright they have the best defence in the league. Perhaps not man for man, but as a unit. It's hard to disagree with them based on their current record - they have the same number of clean sheets as us but have conceded 7 less goals. They have also lost fewer games, (5 to our 6) but have drawn more than we have and won fewer times than us.

Who would you swap out from our defence in favour of another Championship defender? I do like Keogh, I think he's honest and hardworking but unfortunately he does lose his head and make mistakes. The pass to Jones yesterday being a prime example of this.

Buxton I think is just immense, if he had pace he'd be complete but you can't have everything.

Christie - decent going forward, young and occasionally careless at the bac, Shotton more solid but you lose the runs up the wing.

Forsyth I like a lot. His form has improved recently, he's finally starting to make those runs and crosses and defensively I also think he's very good.

Albentosa? Too soon to say. Reckon he'll be good though.

I don't know other teams well enough to say who I'd swap, but personally I think Keogh, Shotton and Christie could be replaced with better (at this level).

Thoughts?

Archived