Things you don't understand

Duracell

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm as confused as you about Anime as a genre, but you could have picked on a thousand phenomena before Ed Sheeran.

My own opinion, as a frustrated and failed musician, with a vocal equivalent to a door hinge that badly needs a squirt of WD40, is that Sheeran is good. Not brilliant...yet, but steadily improving. He's also quite unique and original, and most importantly doesn't take himself too seriously and seems to have maintained a level of reality and self respect. His song "Thinking out loud" is beautiful in my opinion. Expect it to be many newlyweds first dance song choice.

Aside from that, maybe his gingerness has something do with it. Ginger is the new black.

Fake social media accounts. I'm

Not talking the obvious parodies...

The ones that that try and ruin people's lives "catfish" ones...

I feel for people by the way that do that. They are clearly not well and would love to help them out.

Family Guy, Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. People actually like these shows. Why?

I like Big Bang Theory a lot. Those characters are real and so are their problems. People get to take a peak of lives of extraordinary people trying to cope with the world that sometimes puzzles them. And the audience can start to see a different kind of perspective of those that many people think just as nerds. This show makes those weird brainiacs likeble even when we don't often get them

The actors are mostly pretty good, and the writing is intelligent. The two different worlds that the characters present overlap realistically. The timing of the jokes is much tighter than with many other shows.

And it tells a story that hasn't been done a million times before like a lot of shows.

I like Big Bang Theory a lot. Those characters are real and so are their problems. People get to take a peak of lives of extraordinary people trying to cope with the world that sometimes puzzles them. And the audience can start to see a different kind of perspective of those that many people think just as nerds. This show makes those weird brainiacs likeble even when we don't often get them

The actors are mostly pretty good, and the writing is intelligent. The two different worlds that the characters present overlap realistically. The timing of the jokes is much tighter than with many other shows.

And it tells a story that hasn't been done a million times before like a lot of shows.

Hey another BBT fan. :)

Hey another BBT fan. :)

I grew up with a couple of guys that possess a lot of things from those four guys. As a normal moron I had to some times try to make the gap a bit smaller between them and the rest of us. I feel really close to those characters. Plus Penny is nice. :rolleyes:

It might have been an original idea at first, but it becomes wearing after a few episodes of the same jokes and plot. They've gone to the well, hundreds of times too often.

It might have been an original idea at first, but it becomes wearing after a few episodes of the same jokes and plot. They've gone to the well, hundreds of times too often.

I started watching cos Penny is hot.

Is quite a nothing show, easy watch though. Much worse shows to moan about imo.

On the contrary. The way they have peeled new layers out of those characters is very interesting. And you can also see the smalls changes that go through in their lives.

I started watching cos Penny is hot.

Is quite a nothing show, easy watch though. Much worse shows to moan about imo.

Worse shows tend to be cancelled pretty early on though. I just don't see how that big pile of nothingness has become one of the biggest shows on tv.

Archived