Thorne's comeback

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really want to see a midfield of Thorne, Hughes and Mascarell. The passing will be great to watch

That's exactly what I thought.

Again, somebody else dreaming of what we think Omar can do in a forward role. I'm not saying he won't deliver in that position but he didn't play it in Spain, and he hasn't played it here yet so why you think he will suddenly start delivering in that position I'm not sure.

I just want a fully fit George Thorne, with games behind him playing in the middle with Will Hughes in front of him and an inform Jeff/Craig to go in there as well.

Get back to what we know works - I hope we can struggle to enough wins to be in contention for when George can play again. (And Albentosa is integrated into the team)

As I said, I would just like to see it.

Agreed, it might not work, but it's worth a try - he surely can't be any worse than Hendrick and Bryson are at the moment.

Having said that I think Hendrick is a player that really needs a few consecutive games to get going and not one that can come in and out of the side so might come good again soon.

Whatever, it will give us all a lift to see George back again.

Any idea if they sell tickets for the U21s games at Moor Farm? If so how much? I don't see the U21s enough anyway so I ought to watch them if GT is also there.

It's a free entry.

Thorne says he needs to continue to build up his match fitness before he thinks about stepping back into the first-team fold.

He is also refusing to put a date on when he could return to the first-team scene, but he is hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

The 22-year-old midfielder played 45 minutes for Derby

• GEORGE Thorne continued his comeback from a serious knee injury by playing 45 minutes for Derby County Under-21s this afternoon.

•  

The 22-year-old midfielder has started building his match fitness after being out for six months due to the cruciate ligament damage he suffered in a pre-season game against Zenit St Petersburg.

• Goals from Callum Guy, Tom Koblenz (2), Alban Bunjaku (2), Kwame Thomas and Shaquille McDonald gave the Rams a 7-1 victory over Stoke City in an Barclays Under-21 Premier League fixture played at the training ground.

•  

Lee Glover's team has now lost just once in the last 11 games.
  •  

DERBY COUNTY U21s: Mitchell; Ssewankambo (Hanson, 13), Sharpe, Thorne (Bunjaku, 46), Rawson, T Naylor, Santos, Koblenz, Thomas (McDonald, 73), Guy, Calero.

Others subs: Behrens (gk), Lowe.

How come Thomas was playing? Thought he was at Notts Co for a month?

Archived