The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

In the Daily Mail

"...his days are numbered after run of 4 straight defeats to stumble out of the Championship promotion race"

When were they in it? That implies they were in it until recently. But as it's only really become clear who the top sides are going to be, does what the league looked like in September matter?

People insist on looking at league tables in September. Stop it!! The race for specific positions doesn't take shape then.

For the last month and from now on it looks like the top two will come from Derby, Bournemouth, Ipswich and Boro.

You wouldn't bet on any of them finishing outside the top 6.

End of September;

Bournemouth 15th

Derby 4th

Ipswich 5th

Boro 8th

Watford 3rd

Brentford 12th.

Now it's very unlikely that any team finishing near the top is going to be rock bottom in September as a terrible start would give them a long way to fight back. But does that give you any clue to who's nailed on to top 6? Now we have 4 teams that you'd bet on to finish top 6.

Because the last month or so has been the time to start weighing things up. Not September ffs!!!

And people will continue to look at the table so early every year. You know who the decent teams, managers and players are.

Stuart Pearce was never going to get Forest in the top 6. Because his team is no more than decent and he's a poor manager.

Poor manager + just a decent team = Promotion?

Nah. One of them has to be better. That's a midtable combination.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Daily Mail

"...his days are numbered after run of 4 straight defeats to stumble out of the Championship promotion race"

When were they in it? That implies they were in it until recently. But as it's only really become clear who the top sides are going to be, does what the league looked like in September matter?

People insist on looking at league tables in September. Stop it!! The race for specific positions doesn't take shape then.

For the last month and from now on it looks like the top two will come from Derby, Bournemouth, Ipswich and Boro.

You wouldn't bet on any of them finishing outside the top 6.

End of September;

Bournemouth 15th

Derby 4th

Ipswich 5th

Boro 8th

Watford 3rd

Brentford 12th.

Now it's very unlikely that any team finishing near the top is going to be rock bottom in September as a terrible start would give them a long way to fight back. But does that give you any clue to who's nailed on to top 6? Now we have 4 teams that you'd bet on to finish top 6.

Because the last month or so has been the time to start weighing things up. Not September ffs!!!

And people will continue to look at the table so early every year. You know who the decent teams, managers and players are.

Stuart Pearce was never going to get Forest in the top 6. Because his team is no more than decent and he's a poor manager.

Poor manager + just a decent team = Promotion?

Nah. One of them has to be better. That's a midtable combination.

It's like when you see accross the boards and fans say 'It's an open league this year because nobody is running away with it' after like ten games of the season.

It's all-but impossible to open up like an eight point gap after just a handful of matches.

Also, people assume that this season is 'there for the taking' because nobody has built up a big lead.

Going on averages, the final league table would look like this.

Bournemouth 88

Derby 88

Ipswich 86

Boro 80

Brentford 79

Watford 75

Interestingly, not once since 1997/98 season have a 5th spot reached 79 points or above. If anything, I'd say the top clubs are all being consistant and are simply better than the rest.

If somebody takes this 'open league' by the scruff of the neck and runs away with it they will end up on a near three digit points total.

I know.. I got told off before for mocking his username and posting photos. Forgot dcfcfans is a police state

Only when you lose it and throw the toys from the pram. How can you get so upset by a forum.  Typical notts forest fans, revert to abuse, personnal attacks and bad language.

You didn't state what forum you where posting on so it was ripe to pick on that fact and make out you where posting on ours, or have you forgot what banter is?  Anyway, point still stands posting at the match, whilst its in play, it must be as dull as dish water.

Well let sum it up. Since iv been back iv seen.

Udders away - 0-3 - rubbish

Norwich at home -2-1 - terrible first half salvaged it late against a side on a run as bad as our own.

Birmingham away - 2-1, deserved nothing at all. Took my Vale supporting mate who couldn't get over how bad we were.

Rotherham - 0-0 zzzzzzz

Brum home - 3-0 down by half time. Clueless, gutless. 

Sheff Weds 0-2 home - Players gave up after the first went in. Should have put another 5 past us.

So no, it hasn't been too great. There was a point at Hudders away 3-0 down where the ball came into the away stand. For a good few minutes they amused themselves by throwing it backwards and forwards.. Got to make your own amusement in such situations haven't you.

Norwich at home -2-1 - terrible first half salvaged it late against a side on a run as bad as our own.

Birmingham away - 2-1, deserved nothing at all. Took my Vale supporting mate who couldn't get over how bad we were.

Rotherham - 0-0 zzzzzzz

Sheff Weds 0-2 home - Players gave up after the first went in. Should have put another 5 past us.

So no, it hasn't been too great. There was a point at Hudders away 3-0 down where the ball came into the away stand. For a good few minutes they amused themselves by throwing it backwards and forwards.. Got to make your own amusement in such situations haven't you.

It is always tempting in such situations to take the sausage, but four seasons ago I felt this kind of pain. Something has to change, but unlike our situation I cannot see what your catalyst will be. We were very lucky to get someone like Clough, who gave youth and "low rent" talent the opportunity to play and gel, to a broadly attractive system. McClaren has lifted it. Forest seem to pay over the top for big time Charlie's who are in fact quite small time, and I don't think anyone knows their role in the team. Fawaz might have money, I say might, but what he doesn't have is the nous to realise he has a real problem, and pick and stick with a manager who might have to have a good clear-out and start again. Unlike you and Stoners, too many of your fans are deluded, and they certainly won't buy the idea that a 4 to 5 year plan is now required to get you into the premier, but I think that is the truth of the matter. But football is a funny game, and whilst I paint a bleak if realistic picture, tomorrow Dawny you could be dancing down the streets of Nottingham whilst I am drowning my sorrows thinking what a bunch of lucky sausages.

Rotherham - 0-0 zzzzzzz

I genuinely feel sorry for you, Dawnie.

You put your life on the line for queen and country, excitedly see your team steaming away at the start of the season, you look forward to getting home at last and watching your beloved team playing scintilating soccer, and what do you get served.

A complete crock of shyte. Like ain't fair sometimes.

We beat you when the roles were reversed.

Don't know why so many Forest fans don't fancy it.

Perfect game for a struggling side. Don't need to pick players up. They know winning will get them some brownie points. Losing will get fans on their back. All players want their clubs supporters to love them.

Best bet is to sit deep and counter through Antonio. Worst plan would be to lose the plot, try to look fired up and start pressing us at random

For us we simply need to ignore the occasion. Let you play the occasion. We're pretty good at game management. Occasionally rattled but on the whole when we need to be calm and patient we are.

If this wasn't a rivalry then I'd be secretly hoping for a thrashing. The occasion complicates it all and suits you.

Is Pearce a better organiser than a hoofball director?

Some surprisingly good posts on the forest forum (RD including). I think SP is in real trouble if they don't turn up. From LTLF or whatever it is -

"I'll take any defeat providing we have a right go at it. That said, if we had a right go at it we should win. Fact is, the lazy overpaid ******** haven't done that for donkeys so i'm expecting the worst and a right good piss up to forget about it all afterwards."

Clearly they're in a tough spot at the moment. Just hope we focus on the footy rather than the occasion - I think we will.

I wouldn't say 'if we had a right go at it we should win' is a good post. 

It's typical of the deluded ****** that they honestly think they have a top six squad.

The longer they go on thinking they're something they are clearly not, the worse it will get. No manager will be given time there if they demand a top six spot with a fairly average squad of players.

They need to accept that they're average, stop Fawaz from spending ridiculous sums of money on players that won't alter their averageness (Antonio and Britt) and start on a five-year plan which gets rid of the overly-paid average players and start bringing in younger players who fit a proper system or identity.

If I was Forest boss and given time, I'd be looking at the likes of Fox, Lansbury, Assambalonga, Abdoun, Burke and Blackstock as the first names out of the door. Reid and Cohen are injury prone wage suckers too.

I'd start to instill a 4-3-3 formation, which certainly needs pace and a lot of it.

The defence are probably on high wages. Mancienne seems decent, but I don't know what Lichaj and Wilson's wages are like. Probably high and I'd also gradually look to get rid of them if that's the case.

Vaughan is good for a couple more years. Tesche, not bad but wages? Osborn is a player they could start to build from. 

Antonio and Fryatt might be worth keeping around for a bit longer, Paterson looks handy and could be a very good player at this level.

I'd first try and avoid relegation, then build from there. This is what Forest need to do. On their current path, they're only digging themselves a bigger hole and soon they will be proper fecked.

They need to start from scratch. Admit that their previous buying their way out of the league plan failed miserably and start over.

Yeah, a copy of the text...

Stuart Pearce: Nottingham Forest form no surprise to Danny Mills

Nottingham Forest boss Stuart Pearce is "not a great coach, not a great tactician and not a great motivator", says former England defender Danny Mills.

Forest have won just twice in 20 games, slipping to 13th in the table ahead of Saturday's clash with rivals Derby.

Mills, who worked under Pearce at Manchester City, told BBC Radio 5 live: "Pearce always starts well but goes off the boil. He is very predictable.

"After 10 games people work him out."

Pearce, 52, took charge of Forest in July and saw his side topped the Championship table after seven games. But poor form since has seen the club lose in the FA Cup to Rochdale and fall 10 points away from the play-off places.

Pearce admits that the team's slump represents the toughest time in his coaching career but says "I never worry about my future because I have no ego."

Mills said he expected to see a bad run of results as Pearce won 10 of his first 20 league matches as Manchester City manager in 2005, before winning just 18 of the next 65.

"I'm not surprised it has happened for him," said Mills.

"Stuart Pearce came into Manchester City and had a fantastic 'Honeymoon Period' and then went wrong - and did the same with the England Under-21s.

"He comes in, everyone says 'wow, it's Stuart Pearce, legend! Psycho' and all of that and he has that instant respect.

"He gets teams going but after a while, players aren't stupid, they're not naive and they start to suss him out. He doesn't have the depth of football ability to back it up.

"Actually, he is not a great coach, he's not a great tactician, he's not a great motivator and he struggles with big players who question his authority."

:lol:

seems rather bitter about something but it's difficult to deny he's telling the truth!

I wouldn't say 'if we had a right go at it we should win' is a good post. 

It's typical of the deluded ****** that they honestly think they have a top six squad.

The longer they go on thinking they're something they are clearly not, the worse it will get. No manager will be given time there if they demand a top six spot with a fairly average squad of players.

They need to accept that they're average, stop Fawaz from spending ridiculous sums of money on players that won't alter their averageness (Antonio and Britt) and start on a five-year plan which gets rid of the overly-paid average players and start bringing in younger players who fit a proper system or identity.

If I was Forest boss and given time, I'd be looking at the likes of Fox, Lansbury, Assambalonga, Abdoun, Burke and Blackstock as the first names out of the door. Reid and Cohen are injury prone wage suckers too.

I'd start to instill a 4-3-3 formation, which certainly needs pace and a lot of it.

The defence are probably on high wages. Mancienne seems decent, but I don't know what Lichaj and Wilson's wages are like. Probably high and I'd also gradually look to get rid of them if that's the case.

Vaughan is good for a couple more years. Tesche, not bad but wages? Osborn is a player they could start to build from. 

Antonio and Fryatt might be worth keeping around for a bit longer, Paterson looks handy and could be a very good player at this level.

I'd first try and avoid relegation, then build from there. This is what Forest need to do. On their current path, they're only digging themselves a bigger hole and soon they will be proper fecked.

They need to start from scratch. Admit that their previous buying their way out of the league plan failed miserably and start over.

Are you really sure you aren't a Forest fan?

There were some doubts a couple of seasons ago I seem to remember...

Archived