Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Can't say we didn't deserve it though.

You looked very ordinary tonight.

We looked quite good.

No, no complaints about how you went about your game and I'm not a bad loser I just wish we'd worked you harder, your goalie could have gone for a bath at half time and come out in the 87th minute to fling his cap to stop Bent's header.

Enjoy your weekend, I will, we're having a "do" for my wife's birthday. :)

Just now, eezzeetiger said:

SRG - as a neutral, you feel able to make that comment?

C'mon we did play better than you..

You did, not arguing that. But it wasn't exactly good. Maybe all relative... Good compared to what yo are used to. And no, of course I'm not neutral, but watched it with a few who are. 

Forest did really well to get the first goal, it spurred them on and they played with a lot of confidence for the rest of the game. They were much better than us tonight and while the game played into their hands, they still stifled us and were unlucky not to grab a second on the counter. 

But, I think the fact it doesn't particularly hurt me to admit they were far better than us tonight says a lot about where Forest are as a club right now. It would have killed me to admit Forest were better than us when they won against us in 13/14 and we were both competing for the play-off's. That's what Fawaz has done to that club.

And remember what happened in 13/14 when they beat us 1-0 at their place? I wouldn't be surprised if we smashed Forest at PP later on this season, similarly to the 5-0.

Right now this is a really gutting result, but I'm already looking forward to the rest of this season and the next time we play them. I wouldn't be if I was a Forest fan.

Thought David Vaughan was utterly superb for Forest. Mendes and Ward were a threat all night, though largely as a result of us pushing our wingers so far forward there was so much space for them to counter.

The first goal certainly played in to their hands, yet they would have done the same at 0-0 anway.

Forest should be applauded for what they did in fairness. They played as underdogs, but deservedly won.

Funnily enough, Forest did to Derby what Preston did to Forest only three days ago.

Archived