Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did see a mention about it on Daily Mail and Talksport feeds

There's still relatively little news on it in this country's media. I mean the deal looks as good as done if you read the Spanish newspapers. However if you search his name on Google News, Daily Mail is the only national paper that has a story on it, and that was only posted this afternoon.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/raul-albentosa/profil/spieler/77026

This website seems to think he's a ram. Interesting they rate him at 1.7m!

I thought the deal was a low price due to the fact he was out of contract. Apparently 600,000 euros is his release clause. Makes sense at that price for a Spanish Second Division player (at the time he signed) and for a side who realistically had no chance of getting promoted.

It seems strange that if 600,000 was his buy-out clause why teams haven't taken a punt if he's so highly rated. You'd think a PL club that was after him would have risked

I thought the deal was a low price due to the fact he was out of contract. Apparently 600,000 euros is his release clause. Makes sense at that price for a Spanish Second Division player (at the time he signed) and for a side who realistically had no chance of getting promoted.

It seems strange that if 600,000 was his buy-out clause why teams haven't taken a punt if he's so highly rated. You'd think a PL club that was after him would have risked

You'd have thought so. Maybe they didn't know about the clause? I read that Seville and Sociadad were interested

I don't know for certain but if we, a second-tier English side know about the release clause of a Spanish CB, then I expect European-qualifying sides in Spain will also know.

The only argument for that would be that Eibar knew they'd lose him for his release clause this month after he turned down a new contract so they may have tried to offer him out to a club outside of their division for that price? Who knows. I'm sure Sevilla and Sociedad know about the clause now so until the deal is confirmed and I see him shaking Mac's hand holding a Rams shirt with "Sol

I still am wondering why he would want to leave the best league in the world (according to Fifa although prem is better) and join a team in the second division of England who he probably hasn't heard of. Not that I'm complaining cos he looks a cracking player, I'm just really apprehensive and unsure of if this deal will go through.

Really hope we get him and have my fingers crossed!

I still am wondering why he would want to leave the best league in the world (according to Fifa although prem is better) and join a team in the second division of England who he probably hasn't heard of. Not that I'm complaining cos he looks a cracking player, I'm just really apprehensive and unsure of if this deal will go through.

Really hope we get him and have my fingers crossed!

Because the PL is the best league in the world. And he'll have a realistic chance of playing in it next year with 4 months to prove himself as worthy of starting as CB if we go up.

He may not have heard of us but I bet there's a lot more people who have heard of Derby County than have heard of Eibar.

Because the PL is the best league in the world. And he'll have a realistic chance of playing in it next year with 4 months to prove himself as worthy of starting as CB if we go up.

He may not have heard of us but I bet there's a lot more people who have heard of Derby County than have heard of Eibar.

I get what you're saying, I too believe the prem is the best league but Fifa and Uefa disagree, but imagine being the best defender at West Ham- Winston Reid for example and with loads of bigger clubs chasing you, you join Las Palmas in the 2nd division! 

However I don't really care about any of it as long as we can get the guy! I'll try and be positive and hope we can get this transfer to go through so for now I'll be practicing shouting RAAUUUUUUUUUUL! for whenever he makes  header lol :)

Not the best league in the world with the world's best players, but the one where the players are paid the most, where the crowds are still consistently the largest, there's the most worldwide TV exposure and the football is relatively exciting.  

If he comes to Derby and does well then he more than likely has the opportunity too sign a multi-million contract with an EPL club.  What's not to like?

Archived