Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mate of my mate is Nixon.

Your friend of a friend is Alan Nixon who is currently in Spain. And he agreed to take a call from a friend of a friend at around 11 local time to ask what's going on with Albentosa?

We needed you about when we were trying to sign Thorne.

I hope we get him , but admit that I will feel sorry for either Keogh or Buxton if they are replaced , as they are an excellent pairing .. however , a club with our ambition has to have adequate cover in all positions , and be ruthless in selection policy ; and frankly , neither Shotton or Whitbread are likely to be Premier quality , or to stake claim to a regular place at CB in the run-in to this season ..

I think personally this will show to be signing of the season , can see lots of clean sheets second half of the campaign ... Whether thats because Raul is starting or causing the existing CB's pressure making them perform better to keep the shirt , at the end of the day its always best to have 2 players at least for each position 

We all want to see the local lad do well, but that doesn't count for **** in the Premier League.

Do you honestly think Keogh can cut it in the Premier League either? Keogh & Bucko are good Championship level defenders, but if we get promoted and want to stay up we'll need a new back four - maybe this Spanish lad is the first piece of that jigsaw.

Do you honestly think Keogh can cut it in the Premier League either? Keogh & Bucko are good Championship level defenders, but if we get promoted and want to stay up we'll need a new back four - maybe this Spanish lad is the first piece of that jigsaw.

I disagree. 

Buxton and Keogh would do okay. Forsyth, defensively, would be a certain starter for me - he's undoubtedly the best defensive full-back in the Championship. Christie has the potential to excite at that level, but that'd be my biggest worry.

Our defence is actually good, but people fail to see that. With the lack of protection they tend to get, they hold firm more often than not. 

I don't rate Keogh, but even if I did, this would be a great signing. Not only because of competition for places, but because injuries can be replaced without destroying the team. Heaven forbid Keogh and Buxton both got injured, that's season over at the minute. 

I like where the club is heading. Very positive. 

Keogh for me is the best "off the ball" defender we have.  His positioning is excellent.

When he was out earlier in the season, the options for Christie were a lot less due to Shotton not always being available and looking for the pass.  Keogh is always looking to be an outlet to maintain possession.  He does have the odd mistake in him, but the positive aspects of his game make him suited to our style of play.

It'd have to be Keogh and Albentosa, should he come, for me.

Keogh for me is the best "off the ball" defender we have.  His positioning is excellent.

When he was out earlier in the season, the options for Christie were a lot less due to Shotton not always being available and looking for the pass.  Keogh is always looking to be an outlet to maintain possession.  He does have the odd mistake in him, but the positive aspects of his game make him suited to our style of play.

It'd have to be Keogh and Albentosa, should he come, for me.

You mad!?

Buxton's positioning is his whole game, he has no pace to cover up. Keogh is often caught out but has the ability to get back. 

I can see the support for Keogh, but on defensive positioning there is no contest.

You mad!?

Buxton's positioning is his whole game, he has no pace to cover up. Keogh is often caught out but has the ability to get back.

I can see the support for Keogh, but on defensive positioning there is no contest.

Bang on! For me Keogh and Buxton are the best CB's in the division both could make the step up but Bucko more than Keogh due to Buxton's positioning/distribution.

But Buxton is absolutely clueless when the strikers isn't playing right up against him. Any smaller, quicker player with movement and he looks hopeless.

I can't recall any occasion where that has become an issue. In fact, looking back, I'm sure that's never happened - at least not this season.

Antenucci for one, Nakhi Wells springs to mind also. Even poor against McGoldrick when he was dropping off on Saturday. Extreme examples, but he struggled against Chelsea for same reasons - but you were talking about him making the step up into the Prem.

Just to add on to this, I'd imagine this is why Shotton rotated in a lot for his pace and his better ability to deal with this kind of striker. Buxton is very much your stopper.

If you've got any aspirations of playing at the top level then you really should be good enough for it not to matter if you're on the left or right side of a CB pairing.

Exactly. Obviously players will be more comfortable on one side but you don't hear people describe their position as "Right Centre Back"

What about left centre back? Ohh no, I can't play there!

Archived