Moving on in the Cup

AmericanRam

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to work out the best way of winning the cup. To do this we'll almost defo have to beat one of city or chelsea as unlikely that we will lift trophy and both of them getting knocked by other teams before final.

We have less chance of beating them in a 2 leg semi and both of them will have too much experience for us on a final.

We will probably better off playing them at home in the quarter final and hoping the other one gets a tough away draw and loses.

We could take one of the worse teams in the semi, then perhaps have a final vs Liverpool, Spurs or Saints.

I think Chelsea at home as City probably have more quality in reserve, as Shrewsbury showed last night.

We need to think big people. We win this cup and take the Euro league next season to get into Champs League! That is more likely than a top 4 prem finish anytime soon.

Almost too perfect. We beat chelsea and we've win the cup now city are already out. It's our cup final. In a good way.

Reckon it will be us-Chelsea and Bournemouth-Liverpool for the live games?? Though in all honesty could be any of them, probably less likely to be Sheff U-Southampton though as it is the only one without a glamour club in it.

Hoping we stick to a Tuesday as got something on that Wednesday, no doubt TV companies will dictate though as Liverpool play Man U on Sunday I would imagine they wont want to be playing on Tues.

The best chance to beat the best team is over one game on your own patch so that's all I can say about it, over two legs we would have a decidedly lesser likelihood of turning them over so might as well play them next if we are serious about trying to win it. However beforehand Chelsea were the team I least wanted to play!

The way I look at is this: We would eventually have to play a team as quality as Chelsea,so might as well do so now.I think with the grit the team has and the genius that is Mac,we could win this.Will it be easy? Of course not,but cup matches are not supposed to be.

I mean did Hull and Wigan fans really think they would do what they did? Not saying we will beat Chelsea and win the cup,but not totally out of the realm of possibilty; no team is unbeatable.

If we're going to beat Chelsea, then we're going to have to make use of our set-pieces.

Oh, ****  :(

Set piece yesterday got us a penalty

Eustace scored from a set piece v Wigan

Martin even scored from a corner v Reading

Its not so bad ;) 

Calm down buddy. You will have someone's eye out with that erection if you are not careful. If someone might save one of the ***** areas for me, that would be kind. I know I am a plastic, and therefore I don't expect a seat or any cover from the weather, indeed no need for a refreshments area either. In fact please feel free to give me a slap or two. I will enjoy myself notwithstanding.

my turn to p*ss down the back of your trousers?

I'm writing to the i-pro to demand that i pay 3 times the usual amount for a ticket, seeing as i typically only get ot single digit number of games there in a season.

With already 3 games on sky sports in December, and the probability of this one being on, it's going to be a good festive season for Rams fans who can't make the games :-)!

Half fans

:p

We're on Sky 3 times in a week!

M'boro v Derby
Sky Sports 1

Sat 13th Dec
12:15

Derby V Chelsea
Sky Sports 1

Tues 16th Dec

19:45

Derby v Norwich