Moving on in the Cup

AmericanRam

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though will be a very tough one even if Chelsea plays some of their youngsters;after all they are very highly-rated.  As long as we are not a pushover and show the fight that Derby has, I will be fine.

I trust Mac to get the guys in gear for this one, and for us to fight to the last minute. Chelsea will be very hard to beat, but are not unbeatable, As JW said, had to have late og to beat Shrewsbury. We will see.

Guaranteed loss but a good tie nonetheless.

If we struggle against Wigan, imagine what it will be like against a team who play a similar style but 1000x better.

Yes but the underdog factor will help us. Look at ireland and scotland vs germany. Everyone expected them to be destroyed. It helps that we have got players who played in both games. Our players can play without pressure

Up against much the best team in the country at the moment, who are unlucky not to have won every domestic game to date. They brought a strong team last January and now we're in the quarter finals, they'll do exactly the same again.

But the prospect of playing them last January helped us put together a run of 7 consecutive wins,as all our lads wanted to play in the match and were fighting tooth and nail for the shirt. I'll take the same again. And when we're good, we can be very good. Better to have them in the quarter finals than the semis. Hopefully a test for next season. Hopefully it's the chance for the players to show how far they've come, even since January.

And it was great to see Physco squirm as the presenter and Niall Quinn were bigging us up and talking about what a brilliant tie it was going to be!

Archived