Ronaldo v Messi

Day

Ronaldo v Messi  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo has been great wherever he goes. Nobody knows if Messi will perform if taken out of a team so obviously built around him...

Unless wherever he's going is with Portugal, saying that Messi hasn't done anything special with Argentina either

I think there's a difference in attitude that was on show in the world cup. Neither player performed particularly well, but they handled it differently. Messi tried hard and popped up with important goals in games that looked to be heading for draws/extra time. Ronaldo spent his time moaning at the ref and looking at his team mates like they were dirt because they can't play at his level.

In terms of who is better it's very difficult to judge because although they're both forwards they play the game in such different styles. Both are exceptional. At the end of the day, if I wanted to build a successful team I'd sign Messi, if I wanted to sell boatloads of shirts and merchandise I'd sign Ronaldo.

It's Messi, and it's not even close IMO.  Ronaldo is an amazing player, he's far far ahead of whoever the 3rd best player is, and he's very unlucky that's he's up against Messi as almost any other time he'd be the best player on the planet.  

With Ronaldo, everything is flashy and extravagant. He's all step-overs, drag-backs and tricks.  He scores screamers from distance, ridiculous volleys and overhead kicks.  Messi does none of that, because he doesn't need to.  His first touch, close-control and awareness is better than any player I've ever seen.  He doesn't need a trick to beat a man because he's so much better at the basics of football than anyone else.  He doesn't need to score wonder-goals because he can just keep hold of the ball, wait for the keeper to commit and slot it past him, or see the pass that no-one else saw and engineer a tap in for a team mate.

Ronaldo > Messi for me

Messi has the gift and the talent

Ronaldo seems to have trained and trained to be a footballing machine

They are the best 2 players in the world for the reason that they can have 5 world class defenders stuck to them and yet skip away with it glued to their foot.

I hated Ronaldo at Man U, he thought he was the greatest player ever but the records he is breaking at Real Madrid is astonishing.

Messi is one of the greatest talents ive seen, the balance and finishing he possesses is borderline superhuman.

Im glad to say ive been brought up watching two of the greatest players of all time.

Zlatan is the greatest though :D 

Messi. Obviously a poll on an English TV channel will always favour Ronaldo. You have his fanboys and the United fans to make up the numbers, and then the fact he's all about power and speed.

Messi will last longer and will adapt his game. I won't deny Ronaldo's been better the past couple of seasons but overall, Messi's a better player for his team.

People slagged him off in the WC but he was the one coming deep and making things happen, rather than searching for glory himself. Ronaldo wouldn't know a thing about that.

Stupid poll they have different roles and different positions with different play styles. Both messi and ronaldo have said that they dont like being compared to each other. It is shows like sky sports who have created this rivalry. Both of these players appreciate each other

Archived