Sunderland debacle ..

mozza

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate this idea. Where do you draw the line? Does 7-0 require a refund? If so, what about 6-0? And 5-0? What scoreline is the limit where the players have to refund their fans? And I know that they aren't being told they have to, but it's about setting the precedent. Fans of all clubs will start demanding their players refund them when they lose heavily because of this. Then before you know it, it becomes a regular thing.

Love the sentiment, terrible idea.

Its a well meaning gesture from the players.

Nowt to do with the club as such so its a mark of respect for the fans, a bit of recogniton for them from the players.

If they don't claim their refund it'll be donated to a local kids charity, so for me, its a public way to say sorry from the players. Its a one off due to exceptional circumstances.  

Rather than donate to the fans.... Pay to charity....

Local one.

I wouldn't be comfortable taking/asking for my money back. Like a poster said earlier on in the thread, where you draw the line? Especially if your team are having a bad season?

Would be much happier if they donated to a local charity.

Altidore is gone from them in January. Hopefully he can get back to form wherever he goes.

It is said that form Is temporary, class is permanent. Based on his performances over here in Blighty I do wonder if he might have either.

It is said that form Is temporary, class is permanent. Based on his performances over here in Blighty I do wonder if he might have either.

Me too mate.He plays very good for the national team...but ever since he left Alkmaar he has not played well at all on the club level.Is it nerves? Mental? Not sure, but needs to get his **** together or Klinsmann will leave him off the US squad.

Rather than donate to the fans.... Pay to charity....

Local one.

I wouldn't be comfortable taking/asking for my money back. Like a poster said earlier on in the thread, where you draw the line? Especially if your team are having a bad season?

Would be much happier if they donated to a local charity.

They have given fans the choice, claim ticket money back, or let their money be donated to a local kids charity.

Archived