Lee Grant fractured foot

Cam the Ram

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted for Grant, I feel Kroos is more than capable of performing for the first team after his displays against zenit and reading in the cup but as said if the Englanf u21 captain is available and intersted on loan you sign him.

Some of the talent being brought to this club is unbelievable and thats including the staff too!

The only disappointment with Roos has been his injuries, hence lack of availability from time to time. It may be that which made the mind of the coaching staff up on this one. Or it may be that Butland was going to go somewhere and we had to make the move now or never.

Gutted for Granty. Think Butland is a great replacement. As we get closer to the promised land, there's a tradeoff to be made over what's best for a player (game time for Roos) and what's best for the club (not taking risks in the quest to get over the line and into the automatic places). The club has to win out.

How quick was that ! I had no idea grant was that bad, but for the holy trinity to bring in quality like Butland so fast is impressive :)

Good work lads, get well soon Granty,

As for Butland, what a replacement for Grant -

England senior team

Named as one of five standby players for England's UEFA Euro 2012 squad,[63] Butland was called into the squad on 25 May after John Ruddy broke a finger in training.[64] He made no appearances, but kept his place when Roy Hodgson named an experimental squad for the first friendly of the 2012

A bit disappointed that Roos seems to be left out again, as are a lot of our promising young development players. I understand the need to be cautious but can't help wondering if the management team are being a bit over-cautious at times.

Nonetheless, in Mac, Simmo and Steele I trust and if they feel the need to keep Roos as the number 2 I'll support them.

Archived