Lee Grant fractured foot

Cam the Ram

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-butland-id-be-happy-england-senior-stars-make-under-21s-return-141015118997

Butland talks about his future from about 10:30 onwards. With this being a short loan deal and him having the opportunity to work with Eric Steele - Lord of the Glove, I think this move would probably suit him if he performs well for us in getting a bigger chance for Stoke when he goes back (even if it is in his own mind) but I can't see him displacing Begovic anytime soon unless he gets injured.

jack Butland is 6'5" and will soon get a liking to playing for the Rams. He may not want to leave. How long is his contract? Stoke will have to sell Begovic to make way for Butland. Typical, if true of Rams' PR team, sign the player then tell Rams' fans that Grant has a broken foot. We are in good hands. Grant must be devastated with the best season of his career unfolding before him. Just watched Mourinho assaying that he does not have a squad of players which has a replica of each player in it. MCClaren is nearer to having a replica of each player than Mourinho!!!! Admittedly Mourinho has not been there long but neither has McClaren.

I for one am slightly worried, its been a long time since we have had a keeper where you trusted him and knew he was capable of pulling off a save to keep us in it... Tomorrow could be a real test if Keogh dont play... A backline without the captain and then a keeper playing for the first time... Maybe i'm a bit to worried

jack Butland is 6'5" and will soon get a liking to playing for the Rams. He may not want to leave. How long is his contract? Stoke will have to sell Begovic to make way for Butland. Typical, if true of Rams' PR team, sign the player then tell Rams' fans that Grant has a broken foot. We are in good hands. Grant must be devastated with the best season of his career unfolding before him. Just watched Mourinho assaying that he does not have a squad of players which has a replica of each player in it. MCClaren is nearer to having a replica of each player than Mourinho!!!! Admittedly Mourinho has not been there long but neither has McClaren.

Stoke signed him last year for

I for one am slightly worried, its been a long time since we have had a keeper where you trusted him and knew he was capable of pulling off a save to keep us in it... Tomorrow could be a real test if Keogh dont play... A backline without the captain and then a keeper playing for the first time... Maybe i'm a bit to worried

Maybe he is actually german and can play CB?

Would have been more worried if it was Saul Deeney in goal and a square peg in a round hole at centre half. We've got decent cover, Bucko is back, Whitbread and Shotton are available.

Copious amounts of cover....

A better signing than we could have hoped for really....although I think Roos could still step up.

Butland has a lot of experience for a young Keeper, tall, commanding, good shot stopper, probably no/little cost, and already knows quite a few of the squad. As has already been mentioned, he will be motivated to play to try and win a place ( maybe here if we get promoted ) and train with the best GK coach.

We all thought we wouldn't be getting Thorne as he'd signed a new contract. Mind you, Butland has to play out of his skin like Thorne did before we even think about wanting to sign him.

True but they didn't just splash out

Steve McClaren confirms that Lee Grant and Jamie Ward will both be out 4-6 weeks. More details as and when. #dcfcfans

Grant out 4 to 6 weeks with suspected fracture just above an ankle. Ward also out for 4 to 6 weeks with thigh injury #dcfc

Owen Bradley ?@OwenBradley 45s45 seconds ago

Steve McClaren confirms that Lee Grant and Jamie Ward will both be out 4-6 weeks. More details as and when. #dcfcfans

Steve Nicholson ?@SNicholsonDT 10s10 seconds ago

Grant out 4 to 6 weeks with suspected fracture just above an ankle. Ward also out for 4 to 6 weeks with thigh injury #dcfc

Probably out till after the next international break then.

Archived