Blackpool v Derby County

PrivateDerby

Mogwai were brilliant, didn't finish until 22:50. I walked back to the car via the dolphin chipper, had chips and curry sauce. Got back to the car, flicked on Radio 5, sport headlines saying Man City let a 2 goal lead slip, Chelsea hit 6 with Drogba scoring his first on his return and Derby win 1-0 at Blackpool and go Top of The League. I stick the CD player on and out blasts The Wedding Present, perfect.

The Wedding Present - You Should Always Keep In Touch With Your Friends

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPk7OOcHLQ

C'mon lads grab your air guitars and bounce around your living rooms!

Slighty off topic but I've only got 3 wedding present songs and I love them all. Which album shall I buy first.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slighty off topic but I've only got 3 wedding present songs and I love them all. Which album shall I buy first.

My personal favourite is "Seamonsters", expanded edition available on The Wedding Present website. https://merchandise.scopitones.co.uk/product/seamonsters-expanded-edition/

The Wedding Present are currently re releasing everything in special bundle packages check it all out on the scopitones official website.

Or you could start off with their debut album "George Best" and go from there or invest in a John Peel Box Set or Registry Box Set, which contains 4 albums "George Best" "Tommy" "Mini" & "Saturnalia"

Check them all out on You Tube, and then make your mind up.

"Once More"......Derby County Are Top Of The League.........."Once More"

Whoscored: Team overall - (7.32)

Butland (7.8); Christie (7.1), Keogh (7.4), Shotton (7.2), Forsyth (7.5); Mascarell (8.4), Hendrick (7.8), Hughes (7.0); Russell (7.5), Martin (7.4), Ibe (5.9)

Mascarell:

90 passes - 84.4% accuracy - 4 tackles - 3 interceptions - 6 clearances - 114 touches - 7 aerial battles won - 1 shot on target - 1 chance created

Similar numbers to Thorne last season. Way better than Eustace's numbers in comparison. 

Eustace: 

42 passes - 88.1% accuracy - 1.9 tackles - 1.3 interceptions - 1.2 clearances - 51.3 touches - 1.7 aerial battles won - 0.4 shots a game - just one chance created all season. 

First game he's given a chance and he dominates in every area but one. Very good. 

Also, regarding Mascarell: He made the most and accurate passes in the division on the night; the most touches, too. He also won more aerial battles than any other midfielder in the league. 

Not bad for his first championship start. 

We still talking about the Charlton game?

Hope he starts Saturday.

Is Mac doing a Thorne with him?

It's hard to say, but maybe. 

Without watching the game, Mascarell couldn't have done much more to get a start. He's comfortably bettered all the other players in the division on the night in his position, and truth be told, he outdid Thorne's averages from last season, too. 

I still think Eustace will get the nod but I want Mascarell to start on Saturday, I feel he can offer more. 

It's hard to say, but maybe.

Without watching the game, Mascarell couldn't have done much more to get a start. He's comfortably bettered all the other players in the division on the night in his position, and truth be told, he outdid Thorne's averages from last season, too.

I still think Eustace will get the nod but I want Mascarell to start on Saturday, I feel he can offer more.

Do you see Coutts having a chance to play anytime soon mate? With how Omar played,not sure their is a spot for him?

Whoscored: Team overall - (7.32)

Butland (7.8); Christie (7.1), Keogh (7.4), Shotton (7.2), Forsyth (7.5); Mascarell (8.4), Hendrick (7.8), Hughes (7.0); Russell (7.5), Martin (7.4), Ibe (5.9)

Mascarell:

90 passes - 84.4% accuracy - 4 tackles - 3 interceptions - 6 clearances - 114 touches - 7 aerial battles won - 1 shot on target - 1 chance created

Similar numbers to Thorne last season. Way better than Eustace's numbers in comparison. 

Eustace: 

42 passes - 88.1% accuracy - 1.9 tackles - 1.3 interceptions - 1.2 clearances - 51.3 touches - 1.7 aerial battles won - 0.4 shots a game - just one chance created all season. 

First game he's given a chance and he dominates in every area but one. Very good. 

brilliant news for us. but where does ibe fit in... ***** stats, not the right fit for us i dont think, exciting sometimes but,.... well... not a ram. for me anyroad

brilliant news for us. but where does ibe fit in... ***** stats, not the right fit for us i dont think, exciting sometimes but,.... well... not a ram. for me anyroad

I'm not an Ibe convert yet either but his place in the team can be justified in the same way Bamford's could.

He's got much longer to fit in though and I see him as more naturally talented than Bamford.

I'm not an Ibe convert yet either but his place in the team can be justified in the same way Bamford's could.

He's got much longer to fit in though and I see him as more naturally talented than Bamford.

i think you are probably right, but there is something that makes me irrationally pissed off with that kids style of play. i dont like him. i  liked it when he scored the oter day, but his style doesnt make get me off my seat, it makes me groan, "oh, another move has just stopped with Ibe, because he stops, takes another touch and then decides if he can run past his man. Bamford was a wierd one, i didnt like hi much either but it was more to do with work ethic andhim being a posh lad. again, irrational, i know. but then i can be

I'm not a big Ibe fan yet. I'm hoping like mafia said he'll settle down but right now his showing off annoys me.

He just has to toy with a defender. He's pretty good at it but it's quite often a bit of a pain, like Dr Gonzo said, when a move comes to a stop because he's gone to play with some defenders. I used to think Ward went for the glory too much. This guy is worse.

All the criticism aimed at Dawkins, I don't see how the same criticisms can't be aimed at the others. Singling him out was unfair and people were just jumping on a bandwagon. Seems the need a player to be "not good enough, get rid"

Just with Ibe's interview where he said he's here to impress Rodgers (fair enough) coupled with his showing off I'm not convinced he's got our interests at heart.

Clearly good. Possibly up there with Sterling. But he just needs to learn when and where. More so than Sterling who also needs to learn the same.

I'm glad we have him btw.

Archived