Blackpool v Derby County

PrivateDerby

Whoscored: Team overall - (7.32)

Butland (7.8); Christie (7.1), Keogh (7.4), Shotton (7.2), Forsyth (7.5); Mascarell (8.4), Hendrick (7.8), Hughes (7.0); Russell (7.5), Martin (7.4), Ibe (5.9)

Mascarell:

90 passes - 84.4% accuracy - 4 tackles - 3 interceptions - 6 clearances - 114 touches - 7 aerial battles won - 1 shot on target - 1 chance created

Similar numbers to Thorne last season. Way better than Eustace's numbers in comparison.

Eustace:

42 passes - 88.1% accuracy - 1.9 tackles - 1.3 interceptions - 1.2 clearances - 51.3 touches - 1.7 aerial battles won - 0.4 shots a game - just one chance created all season.

First game he's given a chance and he dominates in every area but one. Very good.

Eustace 1 chance created all season and only 42 passes.

8.4 is good on debut for Mascarell.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wet and windy Tuesday night in Blackpool didn't sound a promising place for mascarelle, I heard he might be a bit lightweight but sounds like he did well. Good stuff.

A wet and windy Tuesday night in Blackpool didn't sound a promising place for mascarelle, I heard he might be a bit lightweight but sounds like he did well. Good stuff.

I don't get this misconception that he's lightweight.

He has great balance and is certainly tenacious in a tackle. Yes, his frame might not be one of Thorne, but I wouldn't say he's a featherweight either. The fact he's athletic enough to cover the ground makes up for it.

Cold wet night in Blackpool. We were put under quite a lot of pressure first half hour and a tad fortunate to stay at 0-0. Blackpool harried our midfield at a high tempo and Will was basically bullied out of it, although didn't get much protection from the Ref. Midfield and attack seemed disconnected first half, and this improved greatly when Bryso came on and filled the gap.

Omar played steady and safe first half, but grew as the second unfolded and started to play more creatively. Possibly not as effective as we would like protecting the defence, but hey, first full game and looked very good. Johnny ran his socks off, defensively and offensively, and got better and better as Mac left him on for the whole game. Definate starter for saturday, I would say.

Ibe still has the tendency to hang onto the ball too long, and a good potential pass goes astray, but he can only but learn the meaning of teamwork if he stays in this team. Calero should get a chance anytime soon.

Rams fans awesome in numbers and spirit.

Had to go out last night so couldn't listen to the game and followed on Twitter.  Was it a case of continually knocking on the door second half???

No idea.

I was listening to radio derby.

But i can tell that ed dawes was freezing cold; that he and craig bought snoods, thats Eds mum used to wear a snood ; that they saved a woman from falling over on the front; that sometimes there were stronger gusts of wind than at other times; that some corners were taken with the ball not properly in the D; that a fan was jumping up and down next to ed just as we kicked off and this wasn't helpful, that the wind would blow their papers about ; that the Derby fans kept a ball that shot into the crowd ; that ed knew they would return it just as a new ball appeared; and he was right; that a fan had to be taken out because he was cold; that there was some room or hospitality or something paid for by the academy players teachers and not the club and that was a disgrace, that ed was sitting in a temporary stand, that ed really really was cold, that ed did a big shiver, that craig was also cold.........

butland - looks a good keeper

Christie- as good second half as he was bad the first

forsyth - very steady

shotton & Keogh- had a hard time off it first half but got on top second half

mascarell- steady but nothing too exciting, too small for that position in this league

hughes- very surprised to see him get taken off but ultimately right decision

hendrick - thought he did quite well but just does not have the energy bryso brings to the team

ibe- needs to up his game a bit , will be better when we score an early goal and teams open up

Russell- mom for me

martin - actually thought it was one of his average games but good pen

Match Forecast

Derby will dominate possession (Very Likely)

Derby will score as a result of an opposition error (Likely)

Derby will score from a wingplay situation (Likely)

Prediction:

(from WhoScored - hope they're right)

2 out of 3, and correct result. Not too shabby.

Personally I thought Mascarell had a mixed night. YES he made lots of touches/passes/interceptions/headers etc, but decision making and long pass distribution was poor. There were a number of occasions when attacks broke down because he was hollywood pass searching - when he played it simple we worked better. Fair play for trying to switch the play (as it was obviously something they've spoke about doing, and as a tactical idea it's pretty essential), but it was too forced at times IMO.

That said, when he was dictating the tempo, he didn't look out of place at all and now does provide a proven genuine alternative to Eustace, and I wouldn't be adversed to throwing him in to any championship fixture from now until George returns

No idea.

But i can tell that ed dawes was freezing cold; that he and craig bought snoods, thats Eds mum used to wear a snood ; that they saved a woman from falling over on the front; that sometimes there were stronger gusts of wind than at other times; that some corners were taken with the ball not properly in the D; that a fan was jumping up and down next to ed just as we kicked off and this wasn't helpful, that the wind would blow their papers about ; that the Derby fans kept a ball that shot into the crowd ; that ed knew they would return it just as a new ball appeared; and he was right; that a fan had to be taken out because he was cold; that there was some room or hospitality or something paid for by the academy players teachers and not the club and that was a disgrace, that ed was sitting in a temporary stand, that ed really really was cold, that ed did a big shiver, that craig was also cold.........

Spot on, that's about all I could get from RD input

No idea.

Ahh, and I forgot to listen to Ramsplayer! :(

Archived