Ben Flower v Luis Suarez

uttoxram75

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which was the worst offence, Suarez biting or Flower punching?

Suarez trying to gain half a yard of space - or a reaction - by biting a defender, or Flower trying to kill a fellow player?

Nearly all football people condemned Suarez's actions while Rugby League has mainly backed Flower.

Or are they both sausages?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.Wigan refuses to release him as well which is bad also.I would want nothing to do with him personally.

Shouldn't be sacked. It's a very aggressive game, and he deserves a mega ban and even bigger fine, but a moment or two of madness like that doesn't deserve a sacking.

Shouldn't be sacked. It's a very aggressive game, and he deserves a mega ban and even bigger fine, but a moment or two of madness like that doesn't deserve a sacking.

Fair enough.I am just used to when stuff like this happens in the States,majority of the time a player is released.

Being used to watching football I find it funny that in the commentary they are fairly certain he'll get sent off, but they're discussing it like someone has pulled a shirt in football, like there's still a debate to be had.

If that had happened in football, they would be straight away talking about whether or not he'll ever play the game again. Then he'd be charged with assault.

Funny how there's different standards for different sports. Assault is assault, on the street, on a football pitch, on a rugby pitch.

The first punch you could probably put down to the heat of the moment, lashing out, but following up with the second punch on the floor is just thuggery.

Rugby pisses me off.

I love rugby. It is physical. It is sometimes violent, that's the nature of it. Punches are thrown in other sports when adrelenin kicks in, look at ice hockey.

But I reckon Ben went too far with his 2nd punch and should have several match bans and a fine. But sacked? No.

Suarez was an embarrassment to football on the biggest stage. Flower found a way to make rugby more entertaining, to ban him would be ridiculous, the guy should be made a legend of the sport, OBE, MBE give him all the BE's he can have.

If I got punched by Ben Flower I wouldn't say anything...... maybe thank you

but if Suarez bit me I would Ben Flower him in the face so hard!!!!

Seriously though, Flower`s second punch was awful, never hit a man when hes down, but his name suggests that he is soft and enjoys bathing in the sun in a field on a summers day.

Suarez has done it twice and to bite another man is seriously weird, wouldn't go near him with a barge pole.

Archived