Shaun Barker leaving?

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is 'brave' about his injury battle?

Surely the 'brave' thing do have done would have been to call time on DCFC some time ago and invest his time and effort into a new career.

Quitting would have been the easy thing to do.

He's actually tried to work his way back to fitness (which could have made it even worse) all for his love of football. That's pretty brave to me.

Not to mention, I think he's started to plant the seeds of a new career on the side too. He's been involved in his fashion, music and punditry as well.

Edit - And Papahet liked your comment too. What a surprise :rolleyes:

Quitting would have been the easy thing to do.

He's actually tried to work his way back to fitness (which could have made it even worse) all for his love of football. That's pretty brave to me.

Not to mention, I think he's started to plant the seeds of a new career on the side too. He's been involved in his fashion, music and punditry as well.

Edit - And Papahet liked your comment too. What a surprise :rolleyes:

No idea why I'm replying, having proved you wrong on the other thread but anyway..

Here's a question for you; Why, after over 30 something months, numerous visits to the US, contract extensions, hours upon hours spent at Moor Farm and with just SIX months remaining on Barkers contract, would you decide to pay him off all of a sudden- Instead of let his contract run down and have done with the whole matter? Without payoffs or anything alike.

I don't see how you can even debate the issue.

You contridict yourself also by stating "oh its hard for him to quit, he loves football..."

Then later " I think he's started to plant the seeds of a new career on the side too. He's been involved in his fashion, music and punditry as well."

Hardly 100% commitment to getting back on the pitch is it?

Dean Ashton and Fabrice Muamba didn't have any issues of quitting the game and stalled on the idea for over two years.

Wish I could have so many career options like Barker, bloody hell.

^No, it was just the three years and two failed comebacks for Ashton. He's still not doing anything is he? Last you heard of him was last year, trying to claim loss of earnings from the FA.

How can you take the fact he's creating contingency plans and then beat him with a stick with it?

Aston - A England international, playing premiership football aged 26 when retired.

Barker - No caps, more serious a injury to that of Aston's, playing in the second division and aged 32.

Which of the two would you attempt to get through the injuries and have a longer successful career?

Who can blame Ashton for the "failed comebacks"? He still scored the goals to keep West Ham up and actually managed a competitive game of football, more than Barkers done since March 2012.

The night he got injured was truly mental, when you think about it. Possibly defined two men's career's in Bucko and Barker, if Barker hadn't got injured would Bucko be playing for Notts County right now?

Weird.

Bucko is on record in a match programme saying he was about to go out on loan and probably leave to get first team action before that night

Archived