3 Draws 1 win last 4 home games in League.

Curtains

Because they came with a game plan. Stop us playing football, slow the game down and stay very solid at the back.

That makes them difficult to play against. We saw that last season and we lost that game.

Had the game been at The Den, I imagine Millwall wouldn't have played this way and we would have been able to play more fluid football.

Yorkshire I admire your optimism and your support of Eustace but it's misguided IMO.

Mascarell is a much better option IMO

He can pick a pass and unlock defenses in home games and he can defend.

He has quick feet .

Whats wrong with my view on that tell me !

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think definitely this season we are trying to play a more possession based game, and I don't know if you can always do that in England. I don't want to appear to to be being too cerebral about the game, but I'm gonna try to explain some of my "observations"...

So this season we are dominating possess in most games we play, to the extent that it is anaemic. I don't have any problem with this, but to English football culture, I think this can be problematic. The crowd is so important in English football, and almost dictates the tempo of the game, so as if you try to slow it down too much then it displeases the punters, which has a negative effect on the reciprocal bond between team and fans. Last season we played with far more verticality. I am not sure if the greater emphasis on possession this season is by design, or through injury to certain players.

I believe the introduction of Ibe straight into the team after his display versus Reading shows how Mac wants to address the speed of the team going forwards, and I think that it will come.

50 mph if you're lucky. Last week it took us 2 hours, so I might go A38/A61 instead.

Plan B, good thinking

However if it takes an hour an a half you will still be left wondering if you could have done it in under that time taking the M1;-)

Question to you.

Do we have quality players at the club.

For this division, what we want to achieve and our chances of getting there... yes.

10 unbeaten, 4 clean sheets in a row, a few points off the top and that's after a patchy start and inconsistent (results wise) home form.

What do you doubt??

Yorkshire I admire your optimism and your support of Eustace but it's misguided IMO.

Mascarell is a much better option IMO

He can pick a pass and unlock defenses in home games and he can defend.

He has quick feet .

Whats wrong with my view on that tell me !

McClaren knows more about football then either of us. If Mascarell is as good as you say, McClaren would be starting him over Eustace.

Eustace is the ''safe'' option if you like. He's arguably the most consistent player in our squad. The other 2 midfielders are allowed to bomb forward because they know Eustace will sit in front of the defence. He's a strong tackler and good in possession. His positioning is more important than anything though because it puts pressure on opposition attackers.

With Eustace in the side, we have amounted 4 consecutive clean sheets, he must be doing something right... 

McClaren knows more about football then either of us. If Mascarell is as good as you say, McClaren would be starting him over Eustace.

Eustace is the ''safe'' option if you like. He's arguably the most consistent player in our squad. The other 2 midfielders are allowed to bomb forward because they know Eustace will sit in front of the defence. He's a strong tackler and good in possession. His positioning is more important than anything though because it puts pressure on opposition attackers.

With Eustace in the side, we have amounted 4 consecutive clean sheets, he must be doing something right...

If your happy that's fine I'm not happy with our home form.

Clean sheets are good.

You could argue without Buxton .

It's points that matter and goals win matches and we haven't scored enough.

For this division, what we want to achieve and our chances of getting there... yes.

10 unbeaten, 4 clean sheets in a row, a few points off the top and that's after a patchy start and inconsistent (results wise) home form.

What do you doubt??

We don't score enough goals at home with Eustace in the team it's too negative and we don't create.

Fulham apart who were falling apart when we played them at home.

Bolton are rubbish so didn't see much to shout about there.

Bournemouth was a grind not much to shout about there.

I get insulted a lot on here so did think about leaving forum to be honest.

I'm not liked on here much because I'm not as optimistic as others.

I said the same thing myself a couple of days ago.

That worked out well.

If your happy that's fine I'm not happy with our home form.

Clean sheets are good.

You could argue without Buxton .

It's points that matter and goals win matches and we haven't scored enough.

We can't win every game...

Teams are coming to the iPro now and their gameplan is to contain us.

Bournemouth tried but were unfortunate and got a red-card so we beat them. Millwall however, contained us very effectively and stopped us creating many chances. Like you said ''we haven't scored enough'' and I partially agree, we lacked quality in the final third but we just have to accept that yesterday was one of those days.

We are arguably still out of form as well. Many will acknowledge we are not playing to our full potential that we saw last season. The fact that we are not at our best but still picking up valuable points is a very positive sign. We're 4th in the league, that's indication enough we're doing well.

If we're 4th when we're out of form and missing a couple of key players (Buxton and Thorne) then imagine what we're capable of when we hit peak form with all of our players fully fit.

Chin up man         :)

We don't score enough goals at home with Eustace in the team it's too negative and we don't create.

Fulham apart who were falling apart when we played them at home.

How is it Eustace's fault that we don't score goals???

He's role is to stop us conceding and with him in the team, we've kept 4 consecutive clean sheets so he's performing his role perfectly.

Everybody recognises that Eustace isn't as good as Thorne but in the meantime, he's playing very well

Archived