3 Draws 1 win last 4 home games in League.

Curtains

Bored out my head with 1st team much more fun watching U21s with Mascarell and Santos and Calero. etc

Mascarell was Brilliant in Capital one cup against Reading and I really I enjoyed that game as I did Charlton and Blackburn in Capital one cup

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bored out my head with 1st team much more fun watching U21s with Mascarell and Santos and Calero. etc

Mascarell was Brilliant in Capital one cup against Reading and I really I enjoyed that game as I did Charlton and Blackburn in Capital one cup

Half fan

Thats me but at least I went to Mansfield to see the 5-1 and Mascarells brilliant performance and equisite free kick goal for u21s the night after Bournemouth game.

M1 a bit tricky on JCN 28 road works though.

M1 is horrible at the moment - I'm off up to Sheffield in a couple of hours and not looking forward to it.

Good luck with that m8 .

50 mph most of the way .

Take it easy

50 mph if you're lucky. Last week it took us 2 hours, so I might go A38/A61 instead.

Surely this is to be expected when the team is playing under intense pressure and scrutiny from the fans. That, along with teams playing deep and on the counter, was always going to lead to more draws.

Why intense pressure .

I don't agree the players and fans should enjoy Pride Park(IPRO).

It should be a fortress

1 loss in 14 games and we have not conceded in 360 minutes of football. Eustace and the back line are doing a brilliant job.

I won't talk about Eustace .

But we have changed our style at home .

ie We don't go at teams as much anymore we sit back playing too much across the back line for me.

A sign of the times.

I bet Mansfield under 21's didn't put 11 men behind the ball.

Team's would be daft to come to the iPro and try and beat us at our own game, that's why these games are tight, boring and hard to watch. Show's how far we've come mind now teams are doing this.

Wasn't too long ago I saw Ssausagehorpe United come and smash us off the park at PP. It could be worse.

A sign of the times.

I bet Mansfield under 21's didn't put 11 men behind the ball.

Team's would be daft to come to the iPro and try and beat us at our own game, that's why these games are tight, boring and hard to watch. Show's how far we've come mind now teams are doing this.

Wasn't too long ago I saw Ssausagehorpe United come and smash us off the park at PP. It could be worse.

Question to you.

Do we have quality players at the club.

Didn't see you around after the Bolton and Bournemouth wins Curtains, loss of Internet?

Bolton are rubbish so didn't see much to shout about there.

Bournemouth was a grind not much to shout about there.

I get insulted a lot on here so did think about leaving forum to be honest.

I'm not liked on here much because I'm not as optimistic as others.

Question to you.

Do we have quality players at the club.

I'll admit we lacked quality yesterday, especially in the final third. 

However, we can't expect a moment of magic from one player every match that will end up winning us the game. Millwall are a difficult team to break down, we saw that yesterday. Also, we lost this fixture last year so one point gained from last season's results.

Another bonus: yet another clean sheet. That shows our defensive players are performing admirably and that can only be a positive. This is important considering that conceding goals last season was a big weakness of ours

I'll admit we lacked quality yesterday, especially in the final third.

However, we can't expect a moment of magic from one player every match that will end up winning us the game. Millwall are a difficult team to break down, we saw that yesterday. Also, we lost this fixture last year so one point gained from last season's results.

Another bonus: yet another clean sheet. That shows our defensive players are performing admirably and that can only be a positive. This is important considering that conceding goals last season was a big weakness of ours

But Millwall have been losing all the time before they met us so why are they difficult to break down.

Bolton are rubbish so didn't see much to shout about there.

Bournemouth was a grind not much to shout about there.

I get insulted a lot on here so did think about leaving forum to be honest.

Do you really expect us to turn up to every game and thrash the team 5-0? Let's be realistic, a win against Bournemouth was a great result saying we didn't play very well.

A sign of a good team is winning when you're not playing to the best of your abilities.

The fact there were groans and discerning voices when Ibe lost the ball for example, or just the expectancy after reaching the Play-Off Final last year, but I believe the players feel under pressure and this is causing jitteriness.

Whereas away from home they don't have the same pressure and have arguably had better results over the season. This may well be due to the fact that teams have to attack when at home, and thus leave more holes.

Look back to the Bournemouth game, you can hear audible dissent from the crowd when the players were working the ball from side-to-side, waiting for thr opportunity that eventually arose. Certainly before this game the players were starting to look more liberated, and the cause of the draw was simply fatigue.

But Millwall have been losing all the time before they met us so why are they difficult to break down.

Because they came with a game plan. Stop us playing football, slow the game down and stay very solid at the back.

That makes them difficult to play against. We saw that last season and we lost that game.

Had the game been at The Den, I imagine Millwall wouldn't have played this way and we would have been able to play more fluid football.

We have to accept that teams now will come to the iPro and put 11 men behind the ball due to the way we play.

Archived