3 Draws 1 win last 4 home games in League.

Curtains

I think you need some perspective.

McClaren took Middlesbrough places the fantastic Jim Smith could never quite take Derby. What happened to Middlesbrough after McClaren? You are saying he has limitations because we don't score from corners every other game? Or because Clough managed to beat him when he was in charge of Forest? Or because we sit 1 point from the top of the table?

I lost the point you were trying to make when you kept changing the point you were making, going off on tangents.

Seems to me you simply expect us to walk the league, 5-0 wins every home game. We are being shown a lot of respect by opposition managers. We have a good season and suddenly expectations go ludicrous where people are unhappy at being perfectly placed in the league after 11 games? Yet many settled for midtable for 5 years??

Relax and enjoy the season, nothing at all worth moaning about.

Boro were bankrolled by Steve Gibson and you know it.

Jim Smith had Lionel Pickering yes but he didn't put in as much as Gibson allegedly.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

curtains it's hard to know if your expectations are unreasonable or not because it really isn't clear at all what they actually are.

Apart from expecting top 2, which isn't unreasonable you're right, the rest is all coming across completely jumbled. One minute we're not scoring enough set-pieces, the next you're bringing McClaren's record at Boro (an odd stick to beat him with I must say) and Clough into things for seemingly no reason.

Expect top 2 by all means, I expect the same but would begrudgingly take the playoffs, but I think you're clutching at straws to be bemoaning things at this point I really do. I understand you want us to score more goals and reach the heights of last season but give it till Christmas at least.

If we're stuttering along at that point and drifting away from the top 2 you might have a point.

Unreasonable why !

We are sitting in a good position in the league but we are not pulling up any trees are we.

There is always a couple of teams who come out the pack and they could suprise Derby.

You would be happy with top 6 I want top 2.

Your expectations must be higher than mine because you are moaning!! This thread is yours!!

We're in the top 6

One of the leagues top scorers

Unbeaten in how many?

Lost 1 game this season. It wasn't at home and that team also has only lost 1 game. Guess who to.

What you moaning about? Of course I think your expectations are unreasonable!! You're constantly picking faults!!

What do you want from Derby? Free flowing attacking football slicing through the parked buses at the iPro and easy 5-0 wins with a goal from 30% of our corners (probably be a world record)?

I want that too. But we're not in the Championship for fun. This is where we've played ourselves into. Now we're trying to build towards something and we're getting there.

curtains it's hard to know if your expectations are unreasonable or not because it really isn't clear at all what they actually are.

Apart from expecting top 2, which isn't unreasonable you're right, the rest is all coming across completely jumbled. One minute we're not scoring enough set-pieces, the next you're bringing McClaren's record at Boro (an odd stick to beat him with I must say) and Clough into things for seemingly no reason.

Expect top 2 by all means, I expect the same but would begrudgingly take the playoffs, but I think you're clutching at straws to be bemoaning things at this point I really do. I understand you want us to score more goals and reach the heights of last season but give it till Christmas at least.

If we're stuttering along at that point and drifting away from the top 2 you might have a point.

This season is a defining season.

The board have backed McClaren lets hope he does the business.

Your expectations must be higher than mine because you are moaning!! This thread is yours!!

We're in the top 6

One of the leagues top scorers

Unbeaten in how many?

Lost 1 game this season. It wasn't at home and that team also has only lost 1 game. Guess who to.

What you moaning about? Of course I think your expectations are unreasonable!! You're constantly picking faults!!

What do you want from Derby? Free flowing attacking football slicing through the parked buses at the iPro and easy 5-0 wins with a goal from 30% of our corners (probably be a world record)?

I want that too. But we're not in the Championship for fun. This is where we've played ourselves into. Now we're trying to build towards something and we're getting there.

you keep replying with my posts edited and bits missing are you trying to fix the debate

you keep replying with my posts edited and bits missing are you trying to fix the debate

I swear on my childrens life I have not edited one of your posts.

You mean you posted and then YOU edited. That's not my fault is it?

I swear on my childrens life I have not edited one of your posts.

You mean you posted and then YOU edited. That's not my fault is it?

Ok that's fair but you are missing out salient points such as you know I like McClaren but I'm not a hypocrite.

But I accept I do edit when I think of more points.

You must compose your reply slowly on my initial ramblings.

Boro were bankrolled by Steve Gibson and you know it.

Jim Smith had Lionel Pickering yes but he didn't put in as much as Gibson allegedly.

I always reckoned Jim Smith was great until he was given money!! Of course the money helped, but you still need to be a good manager. You also have to remember that it was McClaren's first management job.

I always reckoned Jim Smith was great until he was given money!! Of course the money helped, but you still need to be a good manager. You also have to remember that it was McClaren's first management job.

I have no argument with McClaren other than Eustace and striker fire power .

On the record McClaren is doing a good job but it's not finished by any means.

NC did leave him with good players and he's added to that.

Tactically McClaren is very good.

We are playing well right now and I have full confidence we will meet our goal of promotion.Championship is never easy,and even Norwich who have played very good also will not take it and run.

Obviously I have not been a Derby supporter as basically every member on here,but I am very happy with the direction we are going and look forward to Reading match.

Even great squads have offdays and I think ours will be few and far between.Our form is perfectly fine to me.Onwards and upwards.

#inmacitrust

Ok that's fair but you are missing out salient points such as you know I like McClaren but I'm not a hypocrite.

But I accept I do edit when I think of more points.

You must compose your reply slowly.

Look I'll bow out now as I'm off to work. All I'll say is this..

I hope this is the start of a long journey BUT we could quite easily get promoted, hang around the bottom half of the PL. Lose/sack McClaren, eventually get relegated and be back down here for a decade.

That's unfortunately very easy to believe now that the way football works. We probably won't ever win the top flight. We probably won't ever play in the top European tournament.

This could quite easily be the most enjoyable Derby side for 10-20 years. We thought we were onto something magical under Burley. Gone. Then maybe under Davies. Gone and a valuable lesson about how important it is to control matches.

If there's Derby fans out there not enjoying this then I worry you may never enjoy anything. There's so many pitfalls.

If Mac had gone to Saints then it might have been over after 1 season. You never know how much joy you'll get when you support a side outside the big powerhouses.

Try to enjoy it. Even teams parking the bus and awful 0-0 games. It could easily be 1-4 to Ssausagehorpe or 6-0 defeats to Villa. Or even comfortable losses to Crawley or record breaking seasons with just 1 win.

Tbf I have family up boro way who slam Maclaren for his negativity, seen no sign of it so far.

Twente fans have called him negative too in the past.

I'm not trying to paint him as God. Maybe he will become negative. Maybe Simmo and Steele are his perfect counter balance. Maybe he's learned lessons. Who knows. Like you said, so far so good.

Off to work! Enjoy your evening folks!

x

Twente fans have called him negative too in the past.

I'm not trying to paint him as God. Maybe he will become negative. Maybe Simmo and Steele are his perfect counter balance. Maybe he's learned lessons. Who knows. Like you said, so far so good.

Off to work! Enjoy your evening folks!

x

Have a good evening.

Archived