3 Draws 1 win last 4 home games in League.

Curtains

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yorkshire I admire your optimism and your support of Eustace but it's misguided IMO.

Mascarell is a much better option IMO

He can pick a pass and unlock defenses in home games and he can defend.

He has quick feet .

Whats wrong with my view on that tell me !

Don't worry Curtains, it won't be long before Eustace picks up his 5th yellow and Mascarell gets the chance to stake his claim :-)

When you aren't an exceptional CDM you often get overlooked I feel. We look a while lot better since Eustace came back in. Understand he isn't an exciting choice etc. Important to remember that the majority of the team will be flying forward e.g. full backs and other central midfielders. A solid 6.5 or 7 every week will always pale in the power rankings.

When you aren't an exceptional CDM you often get overlooked I feel. We look a while lot better since Eustace came back in. Understand he isn't an exciting choice etc. Important to remember that the majority of the team will be flying forward e.g. full backs and other central midfielders. A solid 6.5 or 7 every week will always pale in the power rankings.

Why have you decided on Mascarell as I believe he is exceptional.

Let's see how good Mascarell is when he gets a chance .

Have any of his appearances in the first team been 'exceptional'?

Yes against Reading in Capital One Cup.

Reading away next in the League not an easy game is it we will see how Eustace and the Rams perform.

On a side note why was Hendrick brought on and played ot of position yesterday .

Just seen Chris Maguires brilliant goal for Wednesday against Leeds he some player that boy.

Funny how managers buy players and then don't play them.

Yes against Reading in Capital One Cup.

Reading away next no easy game is it .

He was good against Reading, far from exceptional.

Annoys me when he puts a long range pass 10 yards over someone's head and the crowd clap, if it was any other player doing it there would be groans galore.

No what's your point.

So you didn't like games where they were open and they had chances for both sides?

And you don't like it where it's not open and chances are few because teams are here cautious?

Trying to figure out what you're expecting. I don't understand what you're looking for. That's all

So you didn't like games where they were open and they had chances for both sides?

And you don't like it where it's not open and chances are few because teams are here cautious?

Trying to figure out what you're expecting. I don't understand what you're looking for. That's all

This is how I see it.

Yesterday against Millwall Grant would give it Keogh .

Keogh instead of surging forward would give it Whitbread and he would give it Eustace or vica versa.

Eustace would move it 10 to 15 yards or pass back to Keogh the keeper or Whitbread but also did the occasional good long ball.

He was getting in the way of the CBs he doesn't need to be one as well that's not his role.

Consequently we were too deep all the time and not creating at all until Wardy or Ibe moved forward with purpose.

Bryson ends up running all over trying to retrieve the ball after we give it away and Hughes is having to come deep to get the ball.

When Millwall attacked they often bypassed a static Eustace or he would give a free kick away and get booked.

Mascarell has done nothing wrong and tries to create at pace and moves the ball on quicker than Eustace.

Hendrick didn't start either and when he came on he was on the right which was bizarre

Forsyth is getting a lot of the ball but his crosses yesterday were poor ie over hit all the time.

Best comes on and we play a different system as we have not created in the first half which is not an exception .

Then we chase the game to try and score as its all at brake neck speed as we don't score much in the 1st half at home.

Having said all that we are 1 point off the top of the table .

It's just I believe we are missing the chance to pull away from other teams .

Our away form is good and I would say Eustace has more of a role in away games but not at home .

We should be going at teams at home because we have good players.

Looking through this thread.... Here's my take....

It's going to be harder breaking teams down this season at the Ipro, it's unfortunate but true, however we will win much more than draw, we have strength in depth to unlock most of the time.

Away games though are different gravy.... Teams have to come out at home, and we will probably score more away from home this season!

Eustace has done very this season, do I don't get the negativity about him at all.... Would love to see Mascarell soon too, probably get the chance soon seeing as Eustace is racking up the cautions.

We've lost once all season, last 16 in League Cup with a great chance of Quarter Finals, 4th in League a point off the top.

And most importantly, to a certain degree.... Been in every game this season. Who 18months/2years ago could say that?

We would go 1/2-0 down and there wasn't a cat in hells chance of getting back into a game.... Especially away from home.

Just look at now, we came from behind 3 games in a row to get points earlier in the season.

Yes we will get frustrated from time to time this season.

I can tell you this though, I was much more frustrated over the two years previous to Mac taking over than I am now.

Think we don't know how lucky we are and we moan for moanings sake.

And I'm a sausage moaner....

Regards the Mafia

So it was all down to Eustace who went off before the hour?

The thread isn't about yesterday though is it?

You're saying we aren't entertaining or good enough at home in general? Unless I'm misunderstanding?

IMO in home League games we are not hitting our best form or playing easy winning football

We are making it hard for ourselves much harder than it needs to be with the quality of players at our disposal.

Alpha I know you don't agree with me and Im not asking for that .

It's my point of view .

Obviously I'm in a minority but it's easy to get carried away because we are only 1 point off the top. .

Another 20 games will tell us where we are .

I'm just a bit worried if we carry on at home like this it's going to be a frustrating season

I'll just have to wait and see.

I don't want to criticise for the sake of it.

DERBY COUNTY are my team and I LOVE them

Archived