3 Draws 1 win last 4 home games in League.

Curtains

I totally disagree with that theory .

I think McClaren wants a more mobile player in there, he tried Hughes there, Omar... Clearly that role was all set up for Thorne. Would I like Omar given a run in the role? Of course. But I fail to see at this point what exactly Eustace is doing that is so awful...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think McClaren wants a more mobile player in there, he tried Hughes there, Omar... Clearly that role was all set up for Thorne. Would I like Omar given a run in the role? Of course. But I fail to see at this point what exactly Eustace is doing that is so awful...

Hes holding up the free flowing game of the other players by playing sideways and backwards 10-15 yards.

He does the odd good long pass yes.

He gets too deep and is in the defenses way

He gives free kicks away .

He gets booked a lot

He's too slow.

He gets bypassed by other teams but does the occasional good tackle yes.

He doesn't create enough and hes stopping Mascarell getting in the team.

He's going to be replaced by Thorne anyhow when he's fit.

IMO that's all it's only my opinion.

How many games though? A match against Mansfield's second string doesn't count.

He was good against reading in the cup but apart from that he's been nothing special at all.

RAMS4LIFE

I think Mascarells the real deal Ive seen him a few times .

I saw him come on away at Sheff Wed and he did well .

Chris Maguire was a player that I liked that NC must have seen something in because he signed him but he never got any game time at Derby .

Freeman seems to be suffering that fate now with McClaren.

Maguire is doing well at Sheff Wed and scored a great goal against Leeds Saturday.

Is all about opinions

It's my opinion that Mascarell should be given a chance and game time in the 1st team that's all.

My OP was saying that the home draws are boring me that's all.

I saw a thread once on another clubs forum about set pieces. A lot like the ones we get here.

Then someone posted the statistics for a full season on the number of goals scored from set pieces.

I wish I knew how to find it.

But anyway, basically there aren't that many goals from set pieces as you'd think. The stats for corners were very low. And there were like a select few teams that were accountable for most of these goals.

It was like xxx amount of goals from corners and xx% of those we scored or conceded by Stoke, West Ham, Man City, Wigan (for example).

It was just showing that the teams scoring and conceding on set pieces tend to be the big brute sides built for such situations while smaller technical sides were conceding as they were neglecting that side of the game. The rest were barely seeing any goals from set pieces.

While we have height in our squad the likes of Martin and Hughes (both 6ft ?) are not aerial players.

I wrote about those here. So they are somewhere...

Book suggestion for you: Chris Anderson, The Numbers game.

Archived