Derby County v Millwall

PrivateDerby

He looked caught out everytime there was something for him to deal with. He didn't have the physicality to mark their striker, whatsisname...

Disagree with this, Shotton looked excellent bar a couple of positional issues early on. They have a tidy front line and he and Keogh snuffed them out time and again.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Shotton showed a lot of potential for that role, it prob didn't help him that Keogh seemed very hesitant early in the first half and often took too long to react when some of the passes came towards him (admittedly not all of them straight to him but he made some look worse than they were by being too indecisive).

One thing Shotton probably needs to get used to is playing on the left side as he is right footed and think that might have been the cause of a few hiccups but its something that can be gotten used to I'd say.

But he made some great interceptions and I preferred him to Whitbread overall, just a couple of times when he made an iffy pass or got caught on the wrong side once but could imagine him being very good if he just ironed those things out.

Keogh settled down eventually but seemed in one of his unsure moods for the first part of the game which I thought made Shottons play seem more iffy than it actually was, but that's just how saw it.

Not sure what he was doing (Keogh) when he charged full steam with the ball out towards the left back position in the second half, was almost as if he forgot the goals were at the ends of the pitch and not at the sides, made me burst out laughing that did lol.

Anyway Millwall to come and try to repeat last years tactics I would guess so it would be nice to get an early goal to put paid to that (for a change) and then continue to press rather than hold back as it seemed we did against Ipswich.

Big difference from last year is that we haven't just been arse raped by Robert Madley and therefore have Chris Martin available to play up front rather than Conor Sammon.

Barring freak occurrences and acts of god, we'll tear Millwall a new chipolata.

Traditionally does Holloway play especially negative? Now he's had time are they more Blackpool and less... well, Millwall

Not that I expect them to be happy to get an end to end game going but I'm hoping under Holloway they'll actually come out (unlike Bournemouth and Cardiff) but not be as controlled as Bournemouth.

Wishful thinking?

It's the return of the most boring and overrated fans in football. The fearless Millwall!!!

300 blokes shouting "waaaaaaaaaaaalllllll"

:(

I thought Shotton was iffy as well.  He wasn't too bad defensively, but he looked very nervous on the ball - nowhere near as comfortable as Bucko or Whitbread.  I suspect Whitbread will be back in on Saturday.

Agreed. Shotton was decent and was chosen ahead of Whitbread just 'cause he is more athletic. IMO it was this particular game, just like he was against Forest. But Whitbread's passing is second to none in our team, up there along Thorne and Hughes. So I'm expecting him to start against Millwall.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an early goal and end up putting 5 past them. And I equally wouldn't be surprised if we get a late-ish goal to win it 1-0.

I can see either of those too.

I can also see us going 1-0 down to a free kick and then spending the afternoon watching grown men roll around on grass.

He looked caught out everytime there was something for him to deal with. He didn't have the physicality to mark their striker, whatsisname...

Disagree. He was clearly picked for his ability to match their striker for pace. Which he did.

He was a little bit off with his passing early but it soon sorted out.

He sees himself as a centre back but has traditionally not been used as one. He will only get better.

Can't knock a clean sheet.

Just a reminder for you all to put your predictions in the Prediction thread, noticed a few in here peeps.

Mozza'll tell yer off ya know.

Just a reminder for you all to put your predictions in the Prediction thread, noticed a few in here peeps.

Mozza'll tell yer off ya know.

Don't i know.......two perfect predictions wiped out.

Oooooops.

Has Mozza not listened to your pleas?

He's ruthless.....it's like scoring a goal only to be awarded a free-kick.......twice.

Archived